Instagram Famous Dog Died

The World's Cutest Dog, Boo, Has Passed Away, Proving That Even Dogs Die Of Broken Hearts

As a longtime dog lover, and especially mini pom obsessed, seeing these headlines truly has hit home for me.

117

If the winter blues weren't real enough for you this year, well the world's cutest dog, Boo, has died of a broken heart. One year after the passing of his beloved other half, Buddy, who died last year.

The owners of the Instagram account have been sharing the lives of their famous pups for almost 10 years across a multitude of social media platforms. They have since amassed over 16 million followers and counting since the creation of the "buddyboowaggytails" Instagram.

The owners of the pups wrote in the obituary style Instagram caption, "Shortly after Buddy died, Boo showed signs of heart issues. We think his heart literally broke when Buddy left us," his owners wrote. "He hung on and gave us over a year. But it looks like it was his time, and I'm sure it was a most joyous moment for them when they saw each other in heaven."

And if that wasn't the most depressing thing you've ever heard, the owners also stated, "Our family is heartbroken, but we find comfort knowing that he is no longer in any pain or discomfort," they added, noting that Boo "brought joy to people all over the world."

And it's true, they really were celebrities. For a couple of years, they were sold as plush animals in department stores...which I may own at least two of. Even if I never personally met the "world's cutest dog," it still hits home. With a world full of toxic social media usage, following dog-stagrams never fails to put a smile on my face and millions of other people. But in the end, even celebrity animals have a lifespan. And, in their wake, we should continue to spread their adorable images and put smiles on each other's faces for many years to come.