10 Bold strides 'The Bold Type' Made For My Editorial Life

They are not just a magazine, they are trend setters.

13

For most, "The Bold Type" is just a show. For others, like myself, it is a window into the life of a type of editorial life. Even though the characters deal with many struggles without the show there are many moments when they show their inner female power to overcome and empower.

1. "You are stronger than that." - Jacqueline

Sometimes we all need that one person to support us both in and outside of work.

2. "I can't afford to fail." -Sutton

gifs

When you say it over and over, you start to believe in yourself.

3. "You know, life can change in a flash, so...what are we waiting for?" -Jane

gifs

From Jane, we can learn to not hesitate on taking leaps in life and to understand that opportunities do not always come to us all the time.

4. "I choose to wear the hijab, It does not oppress me." -Adena

gifs

Adena allows people to understand that she is strong and independent and she wants to wear the hijab as a reminder of who she is. Her identity is very strong.

5. "I want to write about bigger things." -Jane

gifs

Jane wants to write about hard hitting news and she knows she might have to leave something comfortable to get it. She does not want to stay behind writing about sex and relationships. She knows what she wants and beginning to go after it.

6. "Well, then I guess I'll have to show them a woman defying them." -Kat

buzzfeed

Kat is all about pushing boundaries and that is what draws her to making her name known in the world. She is the first black department head in the company and she will not let anyone stand in her way.

7. "I'm going to go for this job in the fashion department with or without your support." -Sutton

gifs

From day 1 Sutton has always dreamed to work in fashion but she settled in finances because it was "safer", now she has branched out to her calling and is done waiting for approval from anyone.

8. "You are a modern, millennial woman." -Sutton

gifs

We all need that reminder that when all else fails, we have each other and that we are strong, powerful and bold.