I Guarantee 'Bojack Horseman' Will Be The Most Relatable Show You Binge-Watch In 2021

A series I guarantee you can relate to.

8
Bojack Horseman

Released in 2014, Netflix's original show "Bojack Horseman" is the most vulnerable, hilarious, and addicting show I have ever watched. I am not one to typically binge watch TV shows, so when I came across "Bojack Horseman," I was quite skeptical.

I was in my junior year of high school when I discovered this series, and I was a complete mess, yet this show was just the thing I needed to get me through that school year. I treasure this show as it one of the most realistic and thought-provoking shows I have watched. I learned a lot through it, and when it comes to re-watching, there is always something I realize I had missed.

For more background, "Bojack Horseman" is set in Los Angeles where anthropomorphic animals and people co-exist.

The audience mainly follows once-famous actor Bojack Horseman as he grapples with addiction, self-despair, and ruining almost all relationships he has built. With a total of 6 seasons, each being 12 episodes (with the exception of season 6), each episode is packed with thought-provoking ideas and deadpan humor.

I heavily applauded "Bojack Horseman" on its take on the human experience - from depression, self-destructive behaviors, and mental health. In an interview with Vice News, Creator Raphael Bob-Waksberg believes that it was more about just trying to write this character truthfully, and taking him [Bojack] seriously. Bojack is not the only one who seems to be spiraling; we get insight on everyone else around him tackling their own issues.

If dark humor is something you've been interested in, or at the least want to see what it is about, "Bojack Horseman" is the perfect show to start with.

Season 1 is mainly for introductions and character growth, but by season 2, you'll have a better understanding of what "Bojack Horseman" is and will be watching it non-stop. The comedy and ideas explored in the show are executed really well and never feels gimmicky or played out.

In the end, I guarantee that watching "Bojack Horseman" will give you a profoundly different perspective on life and those surrounding you. It is crazy to think that a cartoon about anthropomorphic individuals has had such an impact on me - a person who rarely watches TV shows.

"Bojack Horseman" is engrossing and will have you in tears from both laughter and sadness and every emotion in-between. I highly recommend this show to anyone who wants to binge-watch a show that is genuinely raw, funny, and cynical.