Queen Is Most Definitely The Champion In Anthony McCarten's 'Bohemian Rhapsody'

From starting as a small, scattered, unheard of band, to becoming the world's greatest rock n rollers, Queen left an indescribable impact on die hard rock and roll fans and and continues to impact the lives of its people who they so closely touched the hearts of.

22

From the roaring London stages in the 1970s to touching the hearts of its listeners, Queen knew how to stir the audience with their erratic and entertaining array of rock 'n roll music. The biographical "Bohemian Rhapsody" illustrates the band's initial development and the story of their leading legend, Freddie Mercury. Being exposed to Queen at such a young age and ultimately creating an everlasting appreciation for this band, I couldn't resist seeing the film. There are not too many I can say genuinely hit home, but "Bohemian Rhapsody" was assuredly a very successful hit. From the shocking identicality of its actors, to the revitilization of "We are the Champions" and "We Will Rock You", this film is one you will not regret paying overpriced movie tickets for.

P.S. Sorry in advance, but there are spoilers.

"Bohemian Rhapsody" is unique. Not only is this the first film ever created that illustrates the celebration of lead singer Freddie Mercury, the other band members, and the extraordinary music they produced, it also allows fans, both old and new, to become captivated in the life of Freddie Mercury and the events leading up to Queen's rise to fame.

Starring Rami Malek, the absolute epitome of the real Freddie, "Bohemian Rhapsody" walks its audience through the early stages of Freddie's life, as a witty young man, unafraid to defy stereotypes and accumulate a diverse selection of music that ultimately allows his infamous overbite and charismatic personality to go quite a long way. Despite his father's lack of faith and doubtfulness, a brief encounter with the future Queen allows Rami to first exercise his confidence and hidden talent to heights unimaginable.

Against Freddie's journey of finding his place in an unaccepting and highly criticizing society, to becoming one of the world's most notorious creators of rock 'n roll, the conflicting character alienates his band members to pursue a solo career. He then reunites just in time for the Live Aid concert. Despite his recently devastating AIDS diagnosis, the initially undervalued Freddie successfully leads the band in one of the world's greatest performances in the history of rock. After all the ups and downs throughout the band's career, this performance was the finale to "Bohemian Rhapsody," leaving the audience inspired by the fascinating replication of the iconic Freddie Mercury and his everlasting impact and legacy in rock 'n roll history.