Best Restaurants On Block Island

12 Places To Find Good Eats On Block Island That Will Make You Never Want To Leave

You'll never be able to get enough. You've been warned.

540
Colleen Daly

From the time I was two, I remember spending a portion of my summer on Block Island. For those of you not familiar with the island or its location, it's an l island off the coast of Rhode Island. It stretches for about 9 miles and has a population of just over a thousand people. It's small but don't let that fool you, it's a vibrant and calming at the same time and packs a punch when it comes to food. With so many amazing choices, it can be hard to find a starting place with where to eat but don't worry, that's what I'm here for.

1. Del's Lemonade

Colleen Daly

Let's start with a classic. Although Del's doesn't have their own store on the Island, you can find their product almost anywhere. The fact that it's everywhere is the BEST. THING. EVER. If you've never had a Del's, it's basically a frozen lemonade slushie. It's only found in Rhode Island so you're out of luck if you aren't in the area, AKA why I drink about 10 every time I go to B.I.

2. The Harbor Grill

Colleen Daly

Old Harbor Grill was my birthday spot this year (21!! Woo!) and it didn't disappoint. This isn't usually one of my family's go to restaurants when we're on the island but I'm glad we went! I got this beet salad and added shrimp which was a great choice. When on an island, how can you not have seafood? The fried goat cheese was the real star though. So good!

3. The Ice Cream Place

Colleen Daly

The Ice Cream Place is the oldest ice cream parlor on the whole island. Does that make it the best? Well yes but also because their ice cream is so good! They make homemade waffle cones which are to die for and have some unique flavors. I got toasted marshmallow smores and my boyfriend got caramel pecan. Both were amazing and not too expensive. Highly recommend over any other ice cream found on the island (and there's a lot!)

4. Aldo's Bakery

Aldo's sells ice cream, gelato, smoothies, coffee, you name it. But as a bakery, their pastries are far better than anything else they have. My personal favorite is the lemon pie squares which are basically just pie crust with a lemon curd filling. Sounds simple but it's amazing, trust me. It's so good that I devoured it before I could take a photo. Oops. Guess you'll just have to go get one for yourself!

5. Three Sisters

Colleen Daly

A cute little place with outdoor seating, this sandwich shop is a go-to for lunch since they're only open from 11:30-2 every day. It gets crowded and hectic inside but it's definitely worth the wait. Pictured is the "Twisted Sister" which is a sub-style sandwich with turkey, cheddar cheese, bacon, avocado, mixed greens, tomato, and mayo. It comes with chips but you can add a freshly baked cookie and/or drink if you want for an additional cost.

6. Block Island Farmer's Market

The farmer's market comes around every Wednesday and Saturday and you don't want to miss it! There are vendors selling all kinds of things such as jewelry, art, quilts, and pottery but the real star is the food! There are booths for honey, lemonade, baked goods, even fresh fruits and vegetables from local farms. Fresh produce is the best produce, am I right?

7. Poor People's Pub

PPP is a fan favorite and although this year it did disappoint a bit, we still love it! Serving classic bar food, you can't go wrong with this place. The wings with their classic rub are mouthwatering and their pizzas are out of this world but their burgers could use some work. It's definitely worth a try!

8. The Oar

Colleen Daly

Ah, another Block Island classic. A little further from town, this boat oar filled restaurant never disappoints. It's named the oar because it literally has wooden boat oars hanging from its ceiling, walls, and bar. Each oar has been decorated by different groups, crews, families or individuals, making it feel like the patrons really have a part in the restaurant. The food is good too, ranging from sushi to cheeseburgers, there's something for everyone. Perfect for the picky eaters as well as the more daring. Pictured here is my boyfriend's mahi-mahi burrito, my shrimp tacos weren't as photogenic but still super yummy!

9. Rebecca's

Right by the dock and open late, Rebecca's is mostly patio seating snack-bar-esque place. But you can get a lot more than a snack there. Serving chicken sandwiches, burgers, clam chowder, lobster rolls and more, you'll leave feeling full and satisfied. Not to mention, it's casual, reasonably priced and quick. What more could you want?

10. Persephone's Kitchen

Colleen Daly

One of my newer favorites, Persephone's is a small café serving what I like to call the more "healthy" food. So if you want a break from all the fries and burgers, this is the place for you. Quinoa bowls, kombucha, daily frittatas and a long list of toasts, this place is a health junkie's dream. The inside is super homey with couches and stools, you feel like you were invited over for lunch at an old friends house. I'm obsessed.

11. Old Post Office Bagels

Colleen Daly

If you're not into the healthy life (or don't even want to try it) there's Old Post Office Bagels! These bagels, made in what was once the post office for the whole town (hence the name) definitely are not as good as a New York bagel (sorry not sorry) but are still super yummy and get the job done. However, the bagels are not the star here. The blueberry muffins are. Super soft, super moist and HUGE. It's like they bake a cake in a muffin tin and call it a day. Cake. Muffin. I don't care. Either way, they're delicious.

12. Mia Gelato

Colleen Daly

More dessert! Yay! Located right in town, Mia Gelato is the perfect after dinner treat. They have classic flavors such as vanilla, chocolate and cookie dough (which is what I got) and more exotic ones such as toffee crunch or espresso (if you want to consider those exotic). They also change flavors on the daily so you never know what might be available. How exciting!

Block Island has some amazing food, that's a given. The best part is that it's all locally owned! You will not find a McDonalds or Starbucks here but with all the other amazing food options, why would you want to?