Writer's Block

Writer's Block

A writer's personal black hole.

205
Writer's Block
Cafe Press

Ugh! Where do I even begin? See, that’s the point. I don’t know where to start, to end, or even the middle. I feel so bogged down by an empty void that I can’t even begin to think of how my day is going. If you ask me how I’m doing I might not know what to say. There is a strong possibility that I might say I don’t even know. I’m trying to make this article more approachable, however, I know this sounds like just a rant. When I was younger, I used to think that writer’s block was some type of myth that people made up so that writers can’t be successful. Now, I know that’s not the case. Writer’s block is full, alive, and swarming excessively in my head. I think it is crazy how I can’t think of an exciting topic to write about, yet I am spilling endlessly about an emotion all because I can’t think of what to write. What irony.

As I sit here and stare at this article, all I can think of is why am I not motivated? Where does one lose their muse or their motivation? Don’t get me wrong, writing is one of my passions. Yet, somewhere along the way, similar to some young adults, laziness kicks in. Laziness is only half the equation, the other half comes from the expectations of writing a spectacular article. With laziness comes procrastination. I mean come on, it’s a package deal. When I sit here and think about not being able to think, a minute can turn to an hour and an hour and an hour can turn into a day. I feel kidnapped by my conscious and held for ransom. I know I may sound crazy, but I just have an imaginative mind.

Why can’t I be expressive of my own passion? I didn’t ask to be thrown down the dark hole of "un-creativity." I feel as if I have been cursed, like something doesn’t want me to be my true self: a writer. Dramatic or not, this is how I feel. I admire writers who push and persevere through their writer’s block, but I’ve seen blocks where it could take more than just a couple of days. Usually, when I get writer’s block, I try to relax my mind. After a few TV shows and maybe a couple of hours of "Sims 4", I should be back to normal. Sadly, that wasn’t the case this time. This time, I just sat there and pondered my life. I tried to focus on where I am now in my life. With the help of five hours of sleep, I feel unlocked. Granted, I am extremely tired after only five hours of sleep, but I’m not going to let that affect me.

With my unlocked powers, I plan to go about my day as gaily as I please. I’m going to be excited about getting work done because that means that I get to write more. I’m going to be excited about going back to work and completing more training. I’m going to be excited about almost being done with this article. I can’t let a little thing like writer’s block destroy my love for writing, and I won’t.