Blackbear's 'everything means nothing' Is Exactly What We Needed Right Now

I've been getting sick of my music, and of course, my dude drops the rest of this highly-anticipated album.

519

blackbear never fails to impress me.

I was very much looking forward to this album. I feel like "hot girl bummer" was everyone's song during the summer through to the start of the fall semester. It was playing everywhere; all my friends were playing it in their cars.

"me and your ghost" dropped, and again, everyone got excited again. Then release date came closer and more songs started coming out.

"queen of broken hearts" captured the hearts of all kinds of music listeners. Heck, I even saw it blow up a little bit in the TikTok trends community! It was this song coming out that made me get ready for the brilliance that is this album to drop.

The three "I feel" songs came out.

"i feel bad" I think will reign as my favorite song in the album, but these three songs together with similar titles? Absolutely brilliant. "i feel too much" is such a vibe, and "i felt that" bringing up the rear of the three really ties the mini-story within the album together.

On August 21st, the actual album dropped.

The back half of the album took some time to grow on me, but masterpieces such as "why are girls?" and "half alive" made that change happen very quickly.

My roommates, whom I drive around quite a bit, love these songs when I put them on. They are Cristina's roommates approved.

And as if that wasn't enough, he had to go and release "my ex's best friend" with MGK?? Another absolute banger. A very good windows-down song to scream along to with your friends that share an appreciation of blackbear.

My monthly playlist was feeling a bit dry, so this article is a big thank you to blackbear for livening up my last summer monthly playlist until 2021 (if we even make it there, and at this point, who knows what the heck is going on in the world.)

blackbear's "everything means nothing" is out anywhere you listen to music.