"Black Widow" Teaser Trailer Review

So there I was minding my own business at work. It was a slow night on the fourth floor of the library as people studies until their heart's content for finals. Suddenly I open Instagram for the 20th time that night, and I see something posted from Marvel; the "Black Widow" trailer. But oh no, it was not just a fifteen-second stinger to get people hyped for the trailer. Or a "trailer for a trailer" as most people call it nowadays. Oh no, it was the dang full trailer. I was so confused, why would Marvel release this trailer at three in the morning, Sure, it was midnight on the West Coast but still, these trailers usually air around 9:00 am. Logically, I pull out my laptop and watch the trailer in full 1080p glory.

Now, I have been an advocate for Black Widow to have her own movie for years. And it was super annoying that Captain Marvel got a solo film before her. On top of that, the Captain Marvel film wasn't even good. Black Widow aka Natasha Romanoff (played by Scarlett Johansson), has been in the Marvel Cinematic Universe since 2010 with the second Iron Man film. She has been mishandled by directors who often use her as a love interest in their movies. I won't say Natasha is a perfectly written character but it's also the fault of the screenwriters. And don't get me started with what happened to her in "Avengers: Endgame" (2019).

The general audience doesn't know a lot about the plot of this film as of right now. Is it set before or after "Avengers: Infinity War" (2018)? Why is Natasha returning home to Russia? Is this all a dream? The answers we have right now is none. What we do know is that "Black Widow" is the first solo film of phase four, and honestly, I think it's going to be the only good one. Disney is over-saturating Marvel just like they made "Star Wars." There are six Disney+ shows in development with three more just announced.

On top of that, there are five or six movies confirmed to be coming out in the next two years. I have been a comic book fan for years, but even I think it's too many films. Mark my words, Disney will be the ones to destroy the Superhero genre in cinema for this generation.

Ranting aside, I liked the trailer. I hope it spices things up for the MCU and isn't just a CGI colorless action flick. I'd like to see more combative skills displayed with Natasha. From the look of the trailer, it seems they were really going at it. The cast appears to be solid. Even the sheriff from "Stranger Things" in it so that might hook some fans. Other than that, there isn't too much to go off of right now. It's all speculation till the second trailer comes out in three months. Again, I'm happy Natasha is finally getting a film. But why did it have to come after "Captain Marvel" (2019)?

Marvel Studios' Black Widow - Official Teaser Trailer www.youtube.com