'Black Panther' Marks The Beginning Of A New Era

It's a revolutionary superhero movie.

367
YouTube

Before seeing Blank Panther, I knew nothing about it and didn’t know what to expect. I simply thought that my friends were dragging me to another stupid super hero movie that I wouldn’t understand or enjoy. As we entered the theater my friend said “we’re about to see history happen.” From the minute the movie began, I knew that this movie was going to be revolutionary.

Black Panther is the first black superhero movie in which the African American race is portrayed as the most dominant and powerful group in the world. For once, the image of your typical superman hero was turned away. The African American superheroes and brave soldiers in this film live in Wakanda, which has an unlimited amount of vibranium. Vibranium is a rare, strong metal and other parts of the world struggle to obtain it. This is one of the key reasons that Wakanda and this African American community is the most powerful in the entire world.

The warriors and nobles of Wakanda use this metal for their armor and to help them with technological advances. The technology that Wakanda has give it the potential to rule the world. However, the members of this community remain hidden in their advanced world and keep the vibranium and technology to themselves because they know that exposing it to the rest of the world could cause danger, greed, and envy. Due to possession of this metal, the African Americans in Wakanda are the most powerful group of individuals in the entire world.

The African American heroes and warriors are also portrayed as being very kind-hearted and philanthropic in this film. The main characters of the film often use their vibranium and their access to weapons as a means to help the individuals in troubled communities. For example, one of the main characters Nakia is a powerful woman who decides to use her power and perseverance in order to help save women in Africa from being enslaved.

She would disguise herself as one of the endangered women and then use her power and weapons to fight the men who are kidnapping the vulnerable women. This proves that the people of Wakanda choose to use their vibranium and weaponry in order to help make a positive difference in the world.

Also, at the very end of the movie, the Black Panther, who is King of Wakanda, decides to stop hiding the power and influence of their nation and finally brings their vibranium to the UN. The Black Panther supports institutions and holds seminars in which he speaks of the positive impact he is going to have on American communities by using Wakanda’s resources and power.

Another reason this movie is revolutionary is because it no longer depicts women as being “damsels in distress.” Rather, the African American women in this movie are portrayed as being powerful, strong fighters. The women in this movie stand up for what they believe in and they are portrayed as being significant members of society and members of the noble classes.

For example, when the Wakanda rulers and nobles hold council meetings, the women always have a say in the final decision. Also, the Black Panther’s back up fighters are a group of skilled, strong women who help him solve several problems and foreign affairs. Women are also portrayed as being extremely intelligent and resourceful. For example, the Black Panther’s sister is in charge of creating all of the technology and weaponry using the vibranium. She works in the lab and helps create useful, innovative armor and communication devices. Not only is she portrayed as a skilled, intelligent creator, but she is also portrayed as being very powerful and often participates in combat against invaders.

Overall, this movie portrays the Black superheroes as being powerful, motivated, philanthropic individuals. This movie is truly revolutionary and touching because the black superheroes are extremely powerful, intelligent, empowering leaders and role models. They use their power and resources selflessly in order to help those in need around the world. The Black Panther and his back up fighters, the powerful group of women he surrounds himself with, are always successful in their battles and they truly act selflessly.

This is a movie you must watch because it is part of a revolution and marks the beginning of a new, unconventional era.