37 Bikinis From Black-Owned Brands For Your Hottest Summer

Let's be real, this is a Summer that everyone is going to remember. We are approaching the most historical Summer ever so let's do it right! I don't know about you, but I love wearing bright colors especially in the summer. So let's get loud! These Black-owned bikinis are full of color, culture, and history.

They're all beautifully made and are truly a work of art. Most of these brands are based all over the country, but some do have international shipping. Many are even based in New York City and have appeared in NYFW. I am getting one this summer I can't believe these pieces have been missing from my bikini collection and after reading this neither will you!

All Dem Shades

This brand has all kinds of apparel from hoodies to dresses with empowering messages for all shades of colors. If the bikinis don't suit you, check out their dress cover ups!

Andrea Iyamah Swim

Andrea Iyamah Swim is a Nigerian swim line with sizes for all body types. This brand's HQ is in Ontario, Canada, and has shipping worldwide. They have unique Avant-garde pieces they're absolutely timeless!

Popsugar Best Swimsuits 2020

Ashanti Swimwear

Designer Yasmeen Opare finds inspiration for her swim line from the history of the Ashanti Kingdom. She even likes to use Akan traditional names for her pieces. You can just sense the ancestral impact these bikinis serve.

Asherah Swimwear

Former model, Cheryl Cejae Jones, decided to launch her own swim line and we are here for it! Her line also includes matching headpieces, shawls, and other accessories. This brand's HQ is in Dallas, Texas producing fashion statements any woman would love to try on.

Avid Swim

The HQ for this brand is in New York, New York where it was appeared in fashion week at least two times and sold out within four months. This swimwear line has blazed through success.

Bare Babes Swim

Bare Babe Swim promotes being confident in your own skin regardless of your skin tone because honey we all are beautiful!

Beads Byaree

Their sister company is called Whim Byaree. This swim line has its HQ in Brooklyn, New York. They even have clothing wear and immaculate jewelry. Together, you could create a masterpiece to wear to the beach. You can tell all their pieces are made with so much love.

Bfyne

Buki Ade, a Nigerian designer, had her collection flaunted by Karruche and Draya Michele. It's no wonder these bikinis have made quite the roar, they're iconic. This brand's HQ is in Virginia Beach, Virginia.

Boutique Shop

Based in Miami, the Boutique Shop loves to create a Hollywood Summer vibe. Their bikinis are almost like Mardi Gras celebrating Carnival culture.

Curvy Fox

Curvy Fox is a swim wear line made for women with exceptional curves. This brand is here for the healthy women out there!

Destination Swimwear

This brand has the brightest colors. HQ in Brooklyn, New York, adds other New York inspired apparel and accessories to their swim line. You'll certainly have a vibrant time wearing this bikini!

Diarrablu Swim

Designer Diarra Boussois is also a mathematician. This Senegalese brand uses mathematical concepts and algorithms with African colors and patterns. I appreciate the preppy twist on this bikini it screams the Hamptons.

Featured in Vogue, Cosmopolitian, and Elle Magazines.

Ego Swim

Ego Swim is inspired by boss babes! The brand is based in New York but has international shipping. They use solid colors that are either bright or calm and nude.

Gabi

Gabi offers an array of plus sizes with exquisite patterns and designs. She's had many different themes over the years with the experimental use of different textures. Overall, they're one of a kind Gabi.

Icon Swim

This brand hopes that every client feels like an icon in their bikinis. They have authentic colors and styles that I cannot wait to get my hands on!

Jungle Brand

Tyra Banks has already modeled this bikini on her Instagram! She is a huge fan. The Jungle Brand caters to both Men and Women where couples can mix and match!

Featured in Sports Illustrated

Kass Swim

This swim line gives off a vibrant Caribbean feel. Their HQ is in Greensboro, North Carolina where they produce strapless, halter, or one-pieces.

Keva J 

Jamaican inspired swim line with solid color bikinis and pattern print one-pieces. Keva J names her bikinis with an authentic Caribbean style.

Kishara Marie

The Kishara Marie swim line is known to be for skinny women who would like to feel curvier. Every woman has her own body type and should be able to feel as comfortable as possible when bearing it all on the beach.

"The barekini is "making slim girls feel thick and thick girls feel like dinner is served." - Desginer Kishara

Kitten Swim

Kitten Swim is made in Los Angles, California, serving all the palm tree vibes with their snake skin prints to their colorful solids.

Kloset Envy

Kloset Envy has high-waisted bikinis with exotic prints. Supermodels like Winnie Harlow have already posted their bikinis from Kloset Envy on their instagram.

KoKo D. Swimwear

Channeling Caribbean heritage, the swim line is dynamic, high vibrational, and electric. HQ is in New York, New York, producing neon animal print bikinis

Ladaska Mechelle

This is a very classy high end swim line with jumpsuits, crop tops, dresses, and pants. It is inspired by a sophisticated resort lifestyle. The HQ is in East Meadow, New York.

Matte

HQ being in Los Angelos, California, this swim line has a bit of a Californian vibe.

"It's time for black women to be appreciated" - Designer Brianna Wilson

Nakimuli

Nakimuli strives to promote self-love through its funky colorful bikinis. This swim line's HQ is in Brooklyn, New York, and also comprises of wraps, dresses, and warm cardigans.

Llulo

The brand has other clothing items such as sweaters, hoodies, hats, and masks. LLULO has a retail store at Nubian Hueman Boutique, DC, and their HQ in Houston, Texas.

MBM Swim

This brand is super chic. All their pieces are one-pieces except for this one which is a mesh two-piece. Every swimwear from this line is a statement.

Mint Swim

Mint Swim is made in Los Angelos, California. This line has solid colors and is known for its tiny cut outs. I love this bikini because it looks so comfortable and as a one size fits all.

Monif C.

Monif focuses on plus sizes in her swim line as well as her heritage. HQ in New York, New York, producing all types of bikinis all her pieces are truly one of a kind.

Ofuure

This swim line offers matching headpieces. Overall the brand emphasizes a fearless look while embracing their African roots.

Pink Plastic Babez

This brand has both solid color tiny bikinis and jungle print patterns for their embellished bikinis. I appreciate the range from a luxurious wear to a simple pool side wear.

Red Star Collection

HQ is in Los Angelos, California. Their bikinis are handmade and filled with African artistry.

Riot Swim

With its unconventional cut-outs and neutral solid colors, the brand gives off a very relaxing appeal. Their swim line is flexible enough to even cater to maternal swimwear.

Rue 107

Rue 107 offers bikinis, one-pieces, and dress bikinis with a matching wrap. HQ in New York City offers both regular and plus sizes.

Trefle Designs

Company based in the British Virgin Islands. Bringing out all the original Island vibes.

Featured in Vogue 2019

Trisha Atelier

This brand is made both in Hawaii and Los Angelos, California. The pieces give off breathtaking tropical vibes.

Xhale Swim

Made in Miami with an emphasis on yoga and meditation. This swim line is comfortable enough to do yoga and meditate on the beach. Also, the bikinis are completely reversible because of their double lining