8 Black-Owned Food, Beauty, And Fashion Brands To Support

8 Black-Owned Food, Beauty, And Fashion Brands Every Ally Of The Community Should Be Supporting

Don't just say you support the BLM, change your daily go-to brands and support a try out these new products instead.

569

When you go to buy a certain product, it is important to think twice about who you support. Of course, the products have to be good, but if you say that you support the BLM, then you should definitely check these products out!

1. Beauty Bakerie

This Black-owned business is owned by a cancer survivor. Her product is her lipstick that is vegan, non-toxic, and cruelty-free. The company has raised over 10 million dollars and is an extraordinary brand that is continuing to grow.

2. Briogeo

This brand was created by a strong Black woman who faced several obstacles throughout her life. As her mother died in a car accident she reconsidered what she wanted to do with her life.
Her mother was a chemist who made her own face cream and her grandma taught her how to make products with natural ingredients.
She then made her own haircare brand name Briogeo that targeted wavy, oily, dry, and thin hair. This brand is so big and has made over 10 million dollars and is at everyone's local Sephora store.

3. Mahogany Books

This company was started by Derrick and Ramunda Young to educate people on Black culture. It's an online-only retailer about books about the African diaspora as well as all other types of books found in other bookstores as well.

Ten years later the couple decided to open a brick-and-mortar store in Anacostia. The Young family are also big supporters of social entrepreneurship and market fluctuations.

4. Partake Food

Partake Food was initially started because of a mom who was upset at the lack of options her daughter had to eat due to her several allergies.
Thus, she created Partake Food which is an allergy-free cookie brand that is not only vegan but also Non-GMO and gluten-free. From that small business that started in her car, this company is found in over 1500 stores worldwide with 8 different flavors.

5. The Wrap Life

Nnenna Stella was frustrated by how she could not find any authentic African head wraps so she took this issue into her own hands and made the wrap life.
She handpicks her textiles during her trips to Ghana and Morocco. She also has videos up of different ways you can style your wrap for when you go out, casual and party wear.

6. McBride Sisters Wine Collection

After the sisters' fathers passed away, these two sisters ended up living 7000 miles away from one another. They both wanted to find a passion to share with each other and found themselves with wine.
They started this business and it is now the largest African American-owned wine in the United States of America.

7. Brother Vellies

The owner of Brother Vellies, Aurora James, was born in Toronto and took a trip to South Africa and fell in love with the traditional veldskoen (also known as vellies). Not only has she made shoes but also other products like bags, purses, sandals and so much more.

8. Mented Cosmetics

Both KJ Miller and Amanda E. Johnson struggled to get a lipstick color that matched their skin tone, so they decided to make their own.
They both teamed up and studied at Harvard Business school and found a shade of lipstick specifically for colored women. If you are a person of color, this brand might have the products for you!