Happy Black History Month!

Happy Black History Month!

People say that slaves were taken from Africa. This is not true. People were taken from Africa...and were made into slaves.

7
Happy Black History Month!

"Good morning, everyone. In case you didn't know it, it is Black History Month. The shortest month of the year." Oscar Proud. God, I miss early 2000's cartoons! Anyway, it Is black history everyone, just you didn't know! This article is simply going to introduce to you some names that you weren't taught in school during this month.

Eunice Kathleen Waymon

Any guesses on who this beautiful singer would turn out to be? Have you ever enjoyed the song that goes like< "It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life... And I'm feeling good?" Or "I put a spell on you." One of the most influential recording artists and one who almost didn't become a singer when she was younger. Eunice Kathleen Waymon, more known to the public as Nina Simone almost quit singing when she was twelve years old. At her first piano recital, she refused to start singing after her parents were moved from the front row to make room for whites. Could you imagine what the world would have been?

Mamie "Peanut" Johnson

Stepping up to the plate at 5 foot 3, we have Peanut Johnson headed up to the mound. Mamie Johnson one of three women who became a professional baseball player. She was the only woman to ever take the mound and become a pitcher within a professional path.

Dr. Alexa Irene Canady

"People are just not very ambitious for women still. Your son you was to be best he can be. Your daughter you want to be happy."

The first African American female to become a neurosurgeon in the the United States. She is also an advocate for females changing the world.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough." Muhammad Ali.