5 Black Handbag Designers Every Accessory Lover Should Know

These 5 Black Handbag Designers Should Be On Every Accessory Lover's Radar

With the push to support more Black-owned businesses, we've put together a list of Black owned handbag designers.

25588

Ever since the current upheaval of societal silence happening in the country caused by the #BlackLivesMatter movement, there has been a bigger push for people to support Black-owned businesses.

Granted, there are a lot of Black-owned businesses to support, it just takes time to find them. With that being said, fashion is a sector, just like any sector really, in a culture that still has people of color calling out for more diversity.

I put together a list of some of my favorite Black designers who have a focus on handbags and accessories. These brands offer something new to the fashion landscape. Without further ado, here they are:

Telfar

@keviintaylor

The Telfar shopping bag, by Telfar Clemens, is one of the most sought after bag in every color way and size as of recent times. With the embossed Telfar logo on the front of every bag, it's a sign of status and luxury that everybody can take part in.

There are 16 available colors upon restock, and three different sizes and prices that are the same regardless of the chosen color : small ($150), medium ($202), large ($257).

Anima Iris

@anima.iris

Anima Iris, created by Wilglory Tanjong, is a brand that strives to "disrupt the global fashion industry by redefining the definition of 'luxury.'"

With various styles and colors, Anima Iris provides for a bag for everybody's tastes. The price range for the assortment of bags ranges between $175-375, depending on the style.

Winston Leather

@winstonleather

Winston Leather is a Kano Nigeria based tannery who sources their leathers from some of the vendors luxury brands like Louis Vuitton and Ralph Lauren source their leathers from. The prices for these bags range from $50-100. There is no website for the brand, although the creator said that the site will be launching next month.

At the moment, the way that you can order is to request the catalogue by DM on their Twitter and Instagram profiles. There are a plethora or styles being released weekly through the brands Instagram.

Bruce Glen

@bruceglencollection

Bruce Glen are an identical twin duo that makes bags and clothing akin to their brand and name. On their site they sale an interesting range of handbag styles at affordable prices. The prices for their styles range from $195-750. The brand also offers clothing, hats, and other accessories that also range in pricing.

Brandon Blackwood

@brandonblackwoodnyc

Brandon Blackwood was first acknowledge on social media for his custom fur belt bags. Now known for his other chic bags, Blackwood provides stylish styles at affordable prices. The brand typically uploads new styles as they become available on their Instagram. With styles ranging from $85-450, there's something here for everyone.