30 Black Fitness Professionals You NEED To Follow On Instagram

I will admit that I never focused on my instructors' skin colors before these past few weeks. I loved my go-to fitness instructors no matter what they looked like. But I realize now that it's incredibly important to bring recognition to the Black community, especially when society perceives yoga, Pilates, barre, and other health and wellness niches to be "rich white mom" activities.

What a shocker, society is wrong once again. The fitness industry is wildly diverse as it should be, but it wasn't always this inclusive and we can always work to make it better.

As a trainer, I meet so many other unique coaches and one story stuck with me. One of my friends shared that in high school, a friend of hers took her to a beloved Pilates class, and to her surprise, the instructor looked like her. After the class, she admitted, "I didn't expect her to be Black. I thought she was going to be an older white woman."

I never thought about it before, but after hearing this story, I realize how much of a positive impact it can make.

Here are 31 badass Black fitness gurus to follow and start breaking a sweat with.

1. Andrew Sealy

If you want to learn how to handstand, Andrew is your guy.

3. Misty Copeland

Two fun facts:

1. In 2015, Misty became the first Black female principal dancer with the American Ballet Theatre. Can you believe it was only five years ago?

2. I wrote my college essay on this incredibly inspirational woman and one day I hope to meet her.

4. DJ Townsel

Anyone heard of The Titan Games?

5. Britany Williams

If you've never tried Pure Barre, I highly recommend it.

6. Yasmene

Check out her strengthening yoga flow on Saturdays at 10 AM EST.

7. Nwadno Emejulu

Nwando is a New York Pilates instructor that kicks ass and adds spice to every class.

8. Massy Arias

Massy is a health coach and the CEO of Tru Supplements.

9. Koya Webb

Three words: Get Loved Up.

10. Marcia Meade

Grab your mat for a perfect Pilates mat class.

11. Tiffany Rothe

Sweating but always smiling with Tiffany Rothe Workouts.

12. Deanna Robinson

She even owns her own Fab Body Factory.

13. Danielle Acoff

Her flows are so beautifully done, like wow.

14. Libby Christensen

In addition to her strong workouts, she has a ton of Black Lives Matter resources on her Instagram.

15. Chanel Brown

Lifestyle blogger turned fitspiration.

16. Toni Mitchell

Toni's YouTube channel is stock full of workouts you won't regret sweating through.

17. Alicia Archer

I'm mesmerized by her backbends.

18. Ajahzi Gardner

Check out her Instagram for a bunch of workouts that burn in all the right places.

19. Brandon Carter

Brandon turned his love for fitness into a business that helps other coaches succeed.

20. Briana

One hot mama and founder of Mind Over Muscle Fitness.

21. Brittne Jackson

Someone say booty?

22. QiQi H.

She is the Qii to fitness.

23. Tie Simpson

Founder and CEO of Sisters of Yoga, Tie knows how to recognize and bring together underrepresented communities.

24. Estelle Archer

Estelle's smile takes my stress away just like that.

25. Jacy Cunningham

Want more to drool over? Check out The Jacy Method.

26. Laruga Glaser

I fell in love with her Ashtanga Primary Series on Alo Moves.

27. Phyllicia Bonanno

Check out her sound baths to explore the light within yourself.

28. Jonas Diaz

Jonas is an instructor for SoulCycle and welcomes all to join #CAMPJONASTY.

29. Naya Rappaport

Naya is a movement advocate, plus she has a really cute dog.

30. Tori Katongo

Tori is also an instructor at SoulCycle and knows exactly how to make you sweat.