A Review Of The Black Coffee And Waffle Bar In Minneapolis, MN

When first walking into this coffee shop, your nostrils are overwhelmed by the scent of warm coffee and hints of vanilla.

56
Megan Harmening

If you're anything like me, you come from a small town where there isn't much to do except hang out with friends on the lake or the farm. So when the chance comes along, you will gladly spend a day in the cities experiencing something other than cornfields. I recently traveled up to Minneapolis, Minnesota with a friend and we found ourselves searching for a place to eat. We then came along the Black Coffee and Waffle Bar, a coffee shop that serves a wide variety of waffles and drinks. Everything is made freshly in-house, including the waffles that are topped with fresh fruit and other ingredients.

When first walking into Black Coffee and Waffle Bar, your nostrils are overwhelmed by the scent of warm coffee and hints of vanilla. It's the perfect place to go when looking for an out of the ordinary place to eat during your adventurous day in the cities. Giving off an aesthetic vibe, the shop includes tables along with bar styled sitting areas where you can enjoy your waffle and coffee. This is the perfect place to go on a rainy day, whether you're a college student looking for a homey place to do homework, or someone like me who was looking for something new to try out. The combination of black, whites, and greys in the building are oddly satisfying to the eye, and the unique lights create a comforting ambiance.

While the building alone is pleasing to the eye, just wait until you see the food. After stepping into Black Coffee and Waffle Bar, you're welcomed by their one of a kind menu filled with a variety of drinks including warm, cold, and non caffeinated drinks. And then there are the waffles. These waffles are not like any you've probably seen before along with their exotic names. Take their signature waffle for example, the Naughty Waffle. This waffle (made in-house, with fresh ingredients daily) is topped with three fruits: bananas, blueberries, and strawberries. It's also made with almond butter, then topped with granola and whipped cream.

Being slightly overwhelmed with all of my options (in a good way), I chose to order the S'more Waffle. This waffle was topped with marshmallows, chocolate chips, graham crackers, and chocolate drizzle. Let me tell you, this was probably the most amazing waffle that I have ever had in my entire life, and my grandma makes really good waffles (sorry grandma...).

Along with my waffle I ordered a hot Chai Tea Latte, and while it was not my favorite part of the entire experience, it was still satisfying to my taste buds. The Chai was a little more spicy than what I prefer, otherwise it was pleasing not only to my taste buds but to the eye.

Altogether I highly recommendBlack Coffee and Waffle Bar to anyone and everyone. It is an amazing and unique coffee shop that suits coffee and waffle lovers (duh!). And, if you don't like coffee, just remember that there are other options as well! So, I encourage you to grab your bestfriend and head to Black Coffee and Waffle Bar. You won't regret it.