15 Weird Ways To Die That Are Way More Common Than You Think

There are many ways to die obviously, but many times we are scared of things that are super unlikely to actually happen. Things like shark attacks and plane crashes strike fear into many people yet the odds are so slim of it actually happening. For example, there is only one fatal shark attack every other year. Lucky for us the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention keep a record of how people in the United States die every year. Here are some everyday things that are more likely to kill you than sharks.

Lawn mower

There have been 279 deaths by lawnmower in the passed two years of data and 1,230 deaths from 1999-2017. This has to be one of the worst ways.

Fall involving bed

There have been 13,312 death from falls involving beds (1999-2017). That is 2,004 in just 2016 and 2017. So better keep some pillows on the floor.

Fall involving ice-skates, skis, roller-skates or skateboards

Over an 18 year period 1,339 people died from one of these skating accidents which is about 74 per year. The sickest of tricks.

Fall from tree

1,602 Deaths from falling out of trees from 1999-2017, which is crazy because i have fallen out of trees many times but here I am.

Constipation

There have been 2,756 death from constipation from 1999-2017. This means there is about 153 deaths per year in the United States alone. So make sure to keep MiraLAX on hand.

Contact with agricultural machinery

4,893 death per year in the United states do to farm machinery. That is is a little more that 270 per year.

Accidental suffocation and strangulation in bed

in 2016 and 2017 there were 1,966 deaths from accidental suffocation in bed. This bring us to a total of 13,151 deaths from 1999-2017.

Vending machines

There were 37 vending machine deaths from 1978 to 1995. There a lot more vending machines nowadays, just saying.

Football

Each year about 12 high school and college football players die each year do to injuries from the game.

Champagne Corks

About 24 people a year are killed by popping champagne corks that hit them in the temple. This death is most common at weddings :/

Lunch

19,267 people choked to death on there food from 1999-2017. A study shows that approximately 3,000 adults die each year from choking.

Cows

In the united States alone about 20 people are killed each year by cows. A pretty underwhelming revenge I would say.

Bees

1,152 people have died from bee incidents from 1999-2017. Here is something Barry didn't tell you.

Horses

Just like cows, horse kill about 20 people in the US each year. These majestic bois are incredibly more deadly than sharks.

Ladders

In the United States there are about 300 ladder deaths per year. You might think these are the crazy tall ones that construction workers go on but most were around or under 10 feet high.