I Asked 10 People To Listen To Bishop Briggs, And This Is What They Thought

Hashtag no filter.

907
Bishop Briggs Instagram

After coming across Bishop Briggs and realizing I HAD to write an article about her... I also realized I needed to spread even more about her to people. & what came to my head with the best way to do that was to not only give my personal opinion on her but to ask a handful of people with different music tastes to listen to her album and give me their honest feedback about it. And this is what I got...

1. Gabby.

I listened to the whole thing and the songs that stood out the most to me are river because I had heard it already and loved it and couldn’t find the artist or title anywhere So when it played on the album I SCREAMED. And tempt my trouble and wild horses are my favorites as well. The album as a whole is good and it flows smoothly from song to song, definitely good for ham sessions or workouts. I played it while on my hikes. I don’t usually listen to such eccentric music, but holy moly she is good.

2. Melissa.

It's actually really good! It’s a little repetitive but overall the beats and messages are pretty amazing. White Flag and hi-lo (hollow) are my two faves

3. Courtney C.

I absolutely LOVED it! I love the fact that I could tell the amount of work and thought she put into the lineup of the songs. The whole album lineup song by song is like listening to a story. I normally don't’ listen to albums song by song… I’m more of a “shuffle” king of person.. so it was really refreshing listening to it in order and seeing that she put that effort in to make it like records used to be made. My favorite songs on the album are tempt my trouble and Lyin.

4. Hudson.

I liked her. Her music is different but enjoyable. She sounds like she is trying to remake the 90s alt era but more modern.

5. Halla.

It’s pretty good! Although I primarily listen to country with some top 40 hits, I like her voice and most of her songs are catchy. I think she’ll do well if she is played on the radio more. I’m a fan!

6. Savahna.

It was refreshing getting to listen to a full album again. We usually just listen to singles and never hear the rest. I thoroughly enjoyed her album. My taste in music is so broad but I have. A soft spot for soulful blues rock, like hers. Dreams and Hi-Lo are my favorites on the album. I love how dreams makes you feel and the lyrics. And with Hi-Lo, it was the perfect album closer. I love how she mixes sounds. How she adds traps drums, which is super on trend, but still sets herself apart with her voice, and overall sound. It’s a great album.

7. Courtney M.

I actually really liked the album. I’m normally listening to country music but her voice and lyrics are just amazing! Tempt my trouble and Lying were my faves. I kept those on repeat.

8. Amber.

Absolutely love Wild Horses. Not a big fan of the opening of White Flag. Heard River on the radio before. Dream I liked it but I'm not the hugest fan because I didn't care for it in the middle. Loved the beat in Lyin. Not to much of the lyrics but it’s the kind of music that I would want to lay in an open field alone and just listen to her music. Hallowed ground made me lose interest after hearing "Hallowed Ground" so much in the beginning. Absolutely loved Water & Hi-Lo was a pretty good one! I've came across her music before. Luckily there iTunes because I wouldn't purchase her whole album but a few of them.

9. Orlando.

I actually really appreciate the music. I added a couple songs to my playlist. She’s great, I would definitely buy the album. Lyin is my favorite track.

10. Spenser.

Has an amazing voice. Very soulful and deep. I love how much power and feeling that she puts behind every song for every mood on this album which I love. A lot of her tracks have an imagine dragons vibe. Her voice is so unique though that there's no pinpointing her sound. The deep soulfulness and power behind every track made me want to sit in my car and keep listening to every track. A little disappointed that some of the tracks sounded very similar. Her voice is different but the tracks feel much like mainstream radio, its all cut from the same cloth. Basic instrumentals seemed to be repetitive theme throughout the album. I wish the songs were as unique as her voice is. In contrast though, the writing did feel deep and meaningful, while still staying relatable. It’s very easy to go on and on about her amazing vocals and the beautiful writing on tracks and I understand that the simple instrumentals were meant to showcase her big voice but I feel like with such a special voice, there is so much more that could’ve been done. I would love to hear her play a full acoustic set. Simple and basic can be done right without the overshadowing the vocals and I don’t think they utilized the instrumentals to the best of their abilities.

Her voice sounds so passionate and soulful. White Flag - The first song I listened to off of her album, church of scars. I instantly loved the vibe. Her voice is smooth and soulful. But this tack made me feel empowered. Dream - This song was my favorite of the whole album. I’m a sucker for love songs. Wild Horses - The pop/hip-hop sounding track was very well liked by everyone I played it for. I played this album in the car with my boyfriend and younger brother and it was their favorite. Loved the acoustics in the beginning. Water - love how this song feels like she’s crying out. You can really feel the sadness and want in her voice. The Fire - I feel like a lot of people could relate to this song. The feeling of always running back to something that you shouldn’t go back to but always feel like it draws you in. Hi-Lo - So heartbreaking. I feel this song so much. Great note to end the album on. The writing is top notch on this album.

I hope that reading what these 10 people said, or even reading a couple of them, have convinced you to check her out if you weren't already convinced ;)