Top 10 Worthy Netflix Shows To Binge This Summer

Even if we're working all summer, we still need that nice little thing to look forward to.

4
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvKOAQ7n_8i/
@netflix/Instagram

Lets get binging!!!

1. The Office

An old favorite, The Office has always been there for us and will continue to be so long as Netflix keeps renewing the rights, or we just buy it on blu-ray or digitally. I mean....who can't get enough of Michael Scott, Dwight, or the relationship to end all relationships, Jim & Pam! Michael Scott antics keep me quoting The Office day in and day out!

2. Friends

What better way to spend the summer than with a bunch of friends? Now Friends may sound or feel overrated, but this writer can surely attest that it isn't! The first few episodes will grab you in along for a ride that will tug at your heart strings and funny bone! No need to cover your eyes for this one!

3. Stranger Things 

Turn your world upside down! With Season 3 not the horizon, lets get Seasons 1 & 2 under our belts and watching the upcoming of Eleven, Mike, and the adventures they embark with their friends! The world will never be the same. The only thing I wish for Season 3, is more Dustin and Steve bromance. It was probably an unintended thing the show runners tried but boy did it pay off, because it was the best thing out of the last season!

4. Sherlock (BBC)

Sherlock may start off a tad slow, but after the first meeting of Dr. John Watson and Sherlock Holmes, the show really kicks into high gear. Each season has only 3 episodes each but they are all an hour and a half long, making them like mini movies! I've gotten many friends into this show and it really is a needle in a haystack. It's smart, witty, funny, and most of all, heart touching. You can't go wrong with Londons detective!

5. Our Planet

I know its just a nature show, but hear me out...or read me out. Personally, I've found this show to be quite relaxing. Not only is it incredibly shot but there's fantastic music in the background as the narrator explains the life of many different land and sea creatures. The show can be very zen and help you chillax from work or school. But not only can you enjoy nature in the comfort of your own home but you might learn something along the way.

6. American Horror Story

American Horror Story is a different type of horror! While there are the cheap scares, like jump scares you see in the gif above, it's probably more psychological than anything. And what better way to induce anxiety than by watching someone open a door they're not supposed to?

7. Parks and Recreation

Treat yo self to some of the best that television has to offer, that isn't the office. Fall in love with real characters who have struggles and feelings and watch them overcome them slowly but surely! Treat yo self, you'll thank me later.

8. Bob Ross

The world didn't deserve Bob Ross, but his and our generation surely needed him. His calm demeanor and encouragement was something that audiences everywhere need. Instead of watching some violent or destructive show, why not put yourself in a place of zen and enjoy creating what you see around you?

9. Daredevil

The Iron Man of Netflix. Daredevil set the standard and precedent for the Marvel Netflix shows. It's violence (I know I know, I'd disappoint Bob Ross) was something that blew me away on first viewing. Not to mention it's the grandfather - I think - of hallway fight scenes. This isn't one to be missed.

10. The Umbrella Academy

Believe it or not, this is based on a comic book! However, it certainly doesn't take the standard superhero route. It starts off with a murder that spirals into a grand conspiracy. The powers are pretty unique, the characters are real and interesting. The Academy's pretty entertaining and there's a talking chimp! What else could you ask for!?