12 Powerful Quotes From The Late Billy Graham

"God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, ‘I love you."

225
Billy Graham Evangelistic Association

I think a lot of people can agree that Billy Graham was a good person. A loving father and husband, an inspiration to many, and a devoted follower of Jesus Christ. This past week he left our world and went to his forever home. Here is a list of quotes by him, to commemorate his life.

1. On the Lord's Love For Us

"God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, 'I love you.'"

2. On Being A Christian

"Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion – it is a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ."

3. On Aging

"Life can grow sweeter and more rewarding as we grow older if we possess the presence of Christ. Sunsets are always glorious. It is Christ who adds colors, glory, and beauty to man’s sunsets." - "Answers to Life's Problems"

4. On Being Courageous

"Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are stiffened."

5. On Home

“The Bible says that as long as we are here on Earth, we are strangers in a foreign land. There are enemies to be conquered before we return home. This world is not our home; our citizenship is in heaven.” - The Enduring Classics of Billy Graham

6. On True Character

"True greatness is not measured by the headlines a person commands or the wealth he or she accumulates. The inner character of a person— the under girding moral and spiritual values and commitments—is the true measure of lasting greatness." - "Just As I Am"

7. On Spreading The Gospel

"During all my years as an evangelist, my message has always been the Gospel of Christ. It is not a Western religion, nor is it a message of one culture or political system . . . it is a message of life and hope for all the world." - "Billy Graham: God's Ambassador"

8. On Life

"End your journey well. Don’t waste your life, and don’t be satisfied with anything less than God’s plan." - "The Journey"

9. On The Love Of Our Lord

"Some of you today are going through heartache and grief so intense that you wonder if it will ever go away. But I want to tell you that our God cares for you and for your family and for your city. For God loves you, and he shares in your suffering." - Prayer service after the Oklahoma City bombing, April 23, 1995

10. On Prayer

"It is not the body’s posture, but the heart’s attitude that counts when we pray."

11. On Being Christians

"We are the Bibles the world is reading; We are the creeds the world is needing; We are the sermons the world is heeding."

12. On The Lord's Faithfulness

"The Lord said, 'I will never forsake you.' No matter how sinful we are, how bad we are, God loves us. ...I believe he sent his son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for us because he loves us, and he doesn't have any termination to that love." - Billy Graham