It's 2019 And I Still Can't Answer These 12 Questions

It's 2019, but I still don't understand what happened to Vine?

187

High key, I've always thought about these things in the back of my mind. Why are there so many questions and conspiracy theories...and which ones are true and which are a flat out lie? Why is it so hard to tell a lie from the truth?

1. Why do we pretend Açai bowls fill us up?

YOU ARE A BIG FAT LIAR IF... you eat açai bowls like they are a full meal, AND you pretend that it's filling! I love açai bowls, but I know for a fact, they are not filling. Obviously, I want to be skinny so I eat one after yoga and basically am hungry until dinner. But why do we pretend like it's a whole meal? WHY?

2. Was Mariah Carey really talking about Eminem in her "Obsessed" music video?

We've all seen the video, we all know the beef that took place in the late 2000s... but was she talking sh*t about Eminem? Was he really obsessed with her? Did they hook up?

3. Why did Marylin Monroe and JFK die a year apart?

I have a theory...I have a gut feeling that Jackie K, was sick and tired of JFK's cheating ass and decided to kill both Marilyn M and her husband. Marylin was easier because suicide is easier to frame. No offense, but Marilyn had gone through a lot for her to give up that quickly, I mean The Heathers is a prime example. Why else would Oswald be killed?

4. Why do we see that dress in different colors?

I was at Shenica's house after track practice, when she asked me, "what color do you see?" Blue and black. She saw white and gold, and we both freaked out. We stared at it at the same time, and then looked at each other. What the FFFFFFFFF?! We've come up with theories of why we see different colors, but the bottom line is that we don't know how color vision works.

5. Is the illuminati real?

What is the Illuminati? Is it a secret society? It's basically people claiming they are special, which to be fair is kind of true. I do believe there are certain people that are more special than others and probably posses some sort of mental capability over others, like Ted Bundy.

6. Why is Kim K super wealthy off her promiscuity?

Okay, we get it, her father was O.J. Simpson's representative...but how exactly did she get so famous? At this point, I think most of us have seen her video...and if you haven't then what have you been doing? So she became super famous off this video, that kept popping up even though when she would delete it. But like how did she blow up? Was it her fake butt? The T.V. show? I mean good for her, because not everyone that makes a porno becomes wealthy!

7. Why was Vine shutdown?

Word on the street says, that common people were becoming way too famous way too quickly, so they shut it down! Is this true... because if it is that is literally the 1% feeling attacked and defending their territory so no one else becomes part of the 1%.

8. Why are Disney Chanel TV series not on Netflix?

I want to be able to drink some wine while watching my favorite childhood shows. Now that I am wiser, I realize the amount of innuendos from my childhood shows. Have you rewatched Shrek? Seriously Netflix, step it up! You should probably have these:

"Lizzie McGuire"

"Phil of the Future"

"Suite Life of Zach and Cody"

"That's so Raven"

"Hannah Montana"

"Sonny with a Chance"

9. How did people get around before Uber or Lyft?

I think about this all the time! I understand that cabs were the way people used to get around, but what about when you accidentally bought too many groceries and order an uber, what did people do back then? What about a rainy day, did people get wet and take the train? What if you felt too tired to take public transportation? PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME!

10. Are GMOs even bad for us?

Not to be one of those people but... I took a Bio class last quarter and supporting evidence were in favor of GMOs. Specially for poor countries, which would benefit greatly from GMOs. Why would we not want to help farmer's in Africa feed their population? We all know that there are a lot of people suffereing from malnutrition, so why would we not allow them to better themselves? Are we advertising GMOs as bad to keep the poor, poor?

11. Are Juuls actually going to disappear?

SERIOUS QUESTION?! Not to be a fien, but juuling during midterms and finals help my anxiety.

12. Why is Instagram becoming a business market?

You can now advertise yourself.. LOL. You can actually buy your followers now. What's the whole point of Insta now, if you can no longer get the thrill of meeting randoms and taking pictures, if you are too worried about how many likes you will get.