Big/Little Week As Told By Big

Big/Little Week As Told By Big

We love spoiling and messing with you.
196

When I think of the word "sorority," I think of sisterhood, the best of times, maybe some of the worst of times and lots of love.

One of the most notable things about being in any Greek life is getting a Big/Little. Big/Little week is something near and dear to my heart. The experience is different depending on what seat you're in but it's definitely an experience to cherish.

Naturally, I love getting spoiled... who doesn't? So, as a little I was in heaven. Bigs spoil their little's all week in anticipation of reveal the following week. When you finally run into the arms of your big and join your newfound family it's a feeling you can't explain.

As a little, you are the apple of everyone's eye and everyone wants to take pictures with you, hang out with you, and take care of you. There's nothing better than being a little, it's like getting to be a baby but you get to remember it this time.

As a Big, it's a privilege to get a "baby." When lists are due, everyone gets so excited to welcome in a new member to their families and Little's get so excited to meet the girls they'll be stuck with from now until forever.

The process of Big/Little is such a unique experience and there will never be anything like it after your four years in Greek Life.

Being a big is your chance to be a "proud mom."

As an active family member but not a Big or a Little and you're just welcoming in the little one, you basically take on the role of "proud grandma." You're not completely involved in the process but you're there for all the big things. It's a time to look at the legacy you're apart of, and kind of created, and treat it like a child.

It's a time to reflect on your years in Greek life and recognize that although you're time is soon coming to an end as an active member, a part of you will always live in your respective sorority.

The years you have in your sorority will come and go too soon but you will always cherish the memories that you have there. You will continue to talk about your families to your real families and even to your own real children.