"Big Brother" Is The Show Of The Summer

"Big Brother" Is The Show Of The Summer

Get hooked on the summer's greatest game.

18
"Big Brother" Is The Show Of The Summer

A show that can be described as a better and more "Reality-TV" version of “Survivor” is sure to knock your socks off this summer and every summer. Check out some of the best parts and prepare yourself to get hooked on hearing "Tonight on Big Brother..." three times a week.

1. Friendship!

If you’re watching this summer, you’ve met one of the best players this season, Paul. Friendship is most definitely his catchphrase, even if sometimes he has to tell people, “this is not friendship!” But Paul didn’t bring friendship out of "Big Brother." In fact, many of the cast members, each season, continue their friendships beyond the show.

2. Showmance

Creating a relationship with someone on the show might not always be the best game move, but it definitely provides some entertainment. Plus, you know someone will have your back at least in the beginning. This season James and Natalie, Corey and Nicole and Paul and Zakiyah have all had showmances. Of course, we can’t forget Jeff and Jordan who met in BB11 and got engaged during season 16.

3. DRAMA

"Big Brother" wouldn’t be "Big Brother" without drama, because obviously someone can’t keep their mouth shut or someone disagrees. The good news is, the person who can get away with the lies the best and play the game correctly won’t get sent packing.

4. Alliance Names

As per "Big Brother" tradition, when a new alliance is formed among a group or pair of people, the decision of a name is the next most important part. The names are sometimes just as good as the alliances, and that goes both ways. The alliance names can be rather stupid or pretty clever. Parallel to the fact that some alliances last days where others can last the entire game without too much betrayal. Some of the most known alliance names include "The Exterminators," "The Hitmen," and "Chill Town," although there are probably hundreds more.

5. Zingbot!

This one is my absolute favorite! Zingbot is a BB robot that comes on once every season and disses every player in a creative way. It’s always exciting to hear what he comes up with and to see the player’s reactions. It is a cannot miss episode.

6. Twists

Each season has its very own twists to keep the housemates/contestants on their toes. Often times these twists involve the audience (yes that means you!) For example, below you'll see Liz and Julia from season 17 who began the show switching places with one another. If they escaped eviction for the beginning few weeks, both sisters would be allowed to permanently join the game.

7. Less Wait!

There is an episode three times a week! Some shows only let you watch once a week. What’s the fun in that? You’ll always stay engaged with BB this way.

8. It’s relatable and quite entertaining.

You’ll see what I mean.

Besides, even if you think it’s too late to catch up on this season (which you can do online), there is a new season with new people at the beginning of each season. On top of that, you already have 18 seasons to re-watch and learn the game, so you, too, can be a super-fan. Join the BB fan club!