Big Brother 19 Episode 16 Recap

Big Brother 19 Episode 16 Recap

Mr. and Mrs. Meatball are Back on the Block

14
Big Brother 19 Episode 16 Recap

Now presenting, The Big Brother Circus! We have fighting, we have bowling, we have pots clanging, we have it all! Man is Josh just not the greatest thing or what? It is really hard pressed to find a time where I have not been enjoying a person more than Josh. He is some of the best television right now that I personally have ever seen. The episode starts off with the aftermath of Paul winning HoH and Mark, Elena, Jessica, and Cody being somewhat blindsided by the rest of the house with Ramses was evicted over Josh. Mark is especially in shock because of his rivalry with Josh. We then go back to 8 hours before the eviction and Josh is running around the house banging pots and pans together, trying to wake up Mark so they can bond some more before he leaves. Mark obviously is not too happy about this.

Back to the present time, Jessica tells Paul again that she has the final temptation that will keep her and Cody safe for a few weeks. Paul isn't buying it but is already working on what he will do in the case that Jessica and Cody can't go up. After Cody comes and tells Paul that Mark is one of the only people he trusts and that Mark actually wanted to protect Paul, Paul doesn't buy this. This was an insanely dumb move by Cody because now it just shows that Mark and Cody are close. If Cody can't home, you can bet that Mark is. If Jessica can't go on the block either, than that makes Elena an easy person to put up as well.

The lights however come on upstairs for Elena and she realizes that she got screwed because of her association with Mark. She thought she was good with everyone in the house, especially with Paul. Which she was playing a very good social game. Everyone seemed to really like Elena and she did seem to have the most distance between her showmance than any of the other ones. This is an important time for her though. She goes to see Paul in the HOH room and he basically lays out to her that because she is associated with Mark who is associated with Cody and Jessica, that is why no one let her in on the plan. He says that Mark is really ruining her game. This all that Elena needs to hear to say that she is going to try to keep her distance from Mark so that Paul begins to trust her again. This is just another person that is falling in line with General Paul and do whatever he says. However, since he is controlling the house right now, this is 110% the right move to make for her personal game.

There are many similarities between Jody and Marlena. Cody and Mark are really not good players. Mark is too sensitive for the game and lets his emotions effect his decisions and Cody has no emotions and no brain at all. Jessica and Elena are the brains of these alliances and if they could somehow get ride of both Mark and Cody, their games would be so much better. Jessica was on the right track before Cody came back into the house, but she just ruins everything when he comes back and spends all of her time with him.

The House gets notified by Big Brother that since the Final Temptation was taken, the new consequence is the Temptation Competition. This is the first Big Brother Competition that one can actually choose to to compete if they want. The person to finish first in the competition will earn safety for the week and the person who finishes last will go up on the block as a third nominee. There is much discussion on is going to compete. Cody obviously wants to compete, but Jessica thinks that will look to suspicious because she is wanting try to work an angle from a social aspect to see if she can save their lives in the game. Cody clearly doesn't understand this though, but eventually he chooses not to compete. For once, Cody was right here. If Cody wins the competition, he is safe. Jessica would still probably go on the block and there is a chance Cody's name could be drawn for the Veto. They then have a 2 in 6 shot of winning the Veto. If they win, Jessica comes off and walah the Halting Hex is saved for when they really need it. Elena has the same idea as Jessica because she wants to show Paul that she feels safe with him and she doesn't want to raise any red flags. Mark is 100% going to compete though which just doesn't help his game at all and makes him look even more suspicious.

Paul meanwhile is rallying his troops to play and try to beat Mark. He recruits Matt (who?) to play and Matt is all for it. He doesn't even care if he gets last, he is a "team player." Alex and Jason decide to play as well. In what was a pretty funny "Bowlerina" comp, Mark ends up winning it, making him safe for the week. Jason gets last and now is on the block as a third nominee.

This foils Paul's plans and now he is really going to have to get creative. If Cody and Jessica can't go up, then his only option now is Elena and a pawn. Who volunteers to be said pawn? Why it's Matt (who?) again! Did I mention he was a team player? Paul though still has every intention of putting Cody and Jessica up to call the bluff of the temptation. Before nominations, Jessica asks Paul if he has any questions about it and since he doesn't believe her, he says no. This is ultimately what makes Paul put Cody and Jessica up and since they are on the block, he especially doesn't believe her.

Matt volunteering to go to bat for Paul twice in one episode just shows how much people trust Paul in this game. Normally, if this hex gets played on Thursday and neither Cody or Jessica go home, Paul would be in serious trouble if either of them won HOH. However, these people Paul is aligned with (Matt, Raven, Alex, Jason, Josh, Christmas, and Kevin) would not take shot at him and he would stay over someone else just to go against Jessica and Cody's wishes. Paul is so dominant right now that he probably will be safe until Cody, Jessica, and Mark are out of the house.

As for Jessica's handling of the knowledge of the Hex, she should have just gone right up to Paul and spilled everything. Paul is a rational guy and with the more information he got, he might have believed her. She just was being so cryptic and she couldn't lie about it because that is using production as a strategy and against the rules. She should've just came clean. However she didn't and found herself on the block. The Paul show is continuing to dominate the house, but the Halting Hex might have some bearings on what happens next.