3 Bible Verses For Millennials Who Worry

"Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?" -Luke 12:26

145

Once upon a time, I used to worry. A lot. About everything: school, Colorguard, getting into trouble. Whatever it was, I was worried about it. I wanted everything to be perfect. I wanted it to be the way I had it laid out in my mind that it would happen. If it did not go the way I had planned, I would freak out! My chest would hurt, my heart would burn, and I would start to panic. I was so worried that whatever I was worried about would not be a perfect as I hoped for it to be.

It is human nature to worry, and as a human being, you will at some time! But, I heard one time, that worrying means that you do not think God is big enough to handle your situation; you don't trust him and plan or his timing. The first time I heard that, I was offended! I did trust God. As I reflected back on it though, the phrase was a pretty true one. We have to put our worry aside and say "God, I know that if it's your will, it is going to happen for me. Please help me set aside my worry and trust your plan." So today, for those of you who may be worried about a final, or graduation, or a situation that is no longer in your control, here are 3 Bible verses that will give your heart a boost, and encourage you to trust God with the situation.

1. "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not more valuable than they?" - Matthew 6:26

To say that I LOVE Matthew 6:26-34 is an understatement. This section of verses in Matthew 6 is all about worrying! This verse sticks out to me particularly because it describes how God provides for the birds, and they are not worried that they will not find food. God provides for them and they trust they are going to find what they need. God has given them shelter, food, and keeps them well. and then, the part that makes it EVEN BETTER is that he says we are more valuable to God than the birds! So think, if he's doing all of that to care for them, what do you think he is doing to care for us? I highly encourage you to go read the whole group of verses, and I believe it will really touch a worrying heart.

2."Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7

This is a beautiful set of verses to me. I love it when the Bible talks about giving peace to a restless heart because I can relate to it so much. Everyone has heard the phrase "worrying yourself to death", and when I think what would happen if God did not give us peace, that is what we are going to do. Why spend your whole life worrying, when you can give your worries to God and trust his plan.

3. "Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?" -Luke 12:26

I think every time I read certain verses, they speak to me differently every time, as one can seem to answer so many of my questions. Tonight, as I'm typing this, the verse is a big deal. Since I cannot do this one task, whatever it may be, why am I worried about everything else? I'll go back and tell about my FAFSA. It's super messed up, to the point where I'm taking my hands off of it, and it has had me stressing about many more things that are not worth stressing over. Why do we blow our worries up so large that we revolve our lives around them? Why do we allow them to interfere in other areas of our lives, when all we simply have to do is give it to Christ and, like my FAFSA, take our hands and hearts and minds away from it