Don't Think Anyone's Watching

If You Don’t Think Anyone’s Watching Over You, Read This

I've learned that all those times I was praying for things to get better, someone was listening.

228
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXiVw3hiyWk

Have you ever had one of those days, or even weeks, where it felt like nothing was going right? Where it felt like your whole life was falling apart and it wasn't going to get any better? I used to feel like that all of the time but then I found God.

I know when it seems so much is going wrong, it can make you feel alone and like no one is listening to your prayers. Trust me, I know how it feels. I used to barely ever pray because I thought no one was listening, and I thought I was just talking to a wall.

All that has changed. I've learned that all those times I was praying for things to get better, someone was listening.

Since the end of last summer, I started learning more about God. I wanted to learn more about who gave me this incredible blessing. The day before I went back to college, I got the first dose of a medicine that has been making my muscles stronger. I've always imagined what it would be like to be stronger and seeing myself do things I never could before is a miracle to me. (If you've read my other articles, you probably already know this. It was the best thing that ever happened to me and I'm always going to mention it when talking about God.)

I got a Bible app on my phone around that time which sends a verse of the day for which you can read each day. I feel like God communicates with me in a lot of different ways, but He has definitely spoken to me through these scriptures.

I know some will try to say that these scriptures popping up on my phone at the times they did are probably mere coincidences. I feel That is not the case at all. To me, I feel like God has taught me so much through them, and they have helped me realize that I'm not alone in this life.

These are some of the scriptures that have come up on my phone in some of the hardest times I had this year:

August 29, 2017

This was the first verse of the day I read on there, and four days after, I started the medicine. I got stronger the first night and almost every day that week, I was seeing changes. However, I was still afraid that I would never reach my goal. I've seen kids who are on this particular medicine standing and walking, and even though I know I'll always need a chair, I've been hoping that I'll be able to get strong enough to take care of myself one day. When I saw this scripture just days after I got the medicine, it gave me so much hope that things will keep getting better and I'll keep getting stronger. And I have.

January 6, 2018

This was almost a week after my ex-boyfriend broke up with me. It only took me a few days to get over him. He left me after four years and somehow I was completely okay. I still think that the reason I got over him so quickly is because God showed me how hurtful my ex was to me and why I shouldn't be with him. He gave me the strength to move on and I haven't wanted my ex since.

April 21, 2018

This scripture popped up on my phone literally minutes after I was passing by a pastor talking about how Jesus died on the cross for us. He was preaching near my college campus as I was getting on the bus to go to a Phillies' game. He wasn't one of those pastors who scream at people in LGBTQ community that you usually see on campuses. He was standing on the street talking about Jesus. When I saw this scripture pop up, my mouth literally dropped. The exact same thing I was just listening to is now on my phone screen. I think that's way more than coincidence.

April 23, 2018

The night before I saw this, I got really upset because I had messed up and let myself down. I changed a lot of things in my life after my ex and I broke up. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't do those things anymore. I made a mistake and gave into to doing one of those things, but then the next day, this scripture came up on my phone. It almost made me cry. That's when I knew for sure that God is watching over me. He made me feel safe when I read that and reminded me that I'm only human. It is natural to make mistakes, but as long as I try to do the right thing, I'll be okay.

May 6, 2018

I saw this scripture a few hours before a guy I had been talking to said he didn't want a relationship. I was talking to him for a couple months and we talked every day. He was constantly flirting with me and acted like he wanted to be with me, but then told me one night he did not want to be with me. I was really hurt when he did that, especially since it was the first guy I liked after getting out of my last relationship. I looked back at this scripture the next day after that happened. I couldn't believe how much it related to what was going on in my life, and it made me feel better about what that guy had did to me.

June 5, 2018

I was meeting up with a guy I met online that night. I trusted him, but I was still really nervous because I had never met him before. I mean, you never know with the internet. The night before this, I literally asked God to watch over me and keep me safe while I met up with him. And then I saw this.

July 3, 2018

This was the day I got my sixth dose of the medicine that's been helping me get stronger. I was supposed to get it on June 20th, but the doctor I had wasn't able to get to my spinal cord to inject the medicine that day. But thankfully, another doctor I had when I went back was able to give it to me. I saw this scripture come up on my phone as I was on my way to get the medicine. The fact that it says you will only have to suffer for a little while and that God will make you strong made me almost cry. I felt like He was trying to tell me that I will not have to suffer much longer since the symptoms of my disease have been slowly disappearing and my muscles have been getting stronger. I know it also meant emotionally strong, but each time I see my muscles getting stronger, it makes me forget about all of the things I used to be upset about.

July 11, 2018

I saw this scripture come up on my phone the day after I found out the guy I met up with before has a girlfriend now. After we met up, he told me he just wanted to be friends because he wasn't ready for a relationship. I believed him since I knew he hasn't been single long and he didn't seem like the kind of guy that would lie to me. It only took him a month to get into a relationship with someone else and he started completely ignoring me a few weeks before that. I was angry and hurt that he did that to me. However, when I saw this scripture, I realized I shouldn't be upset over him. I learned to forgive him for what he did and God has definitely taught me to forgive the people who have hurt me.

July 16, 2018

This is the most recent one and I'll admit it did make me cry. One of the aides I have that helps me told me I'll always need her and other people to help me. Whenever someone says something like that, it gets to me. It hurts when people don't believe in me. I know I'm getting stronger. I also know in my heart that one day, I'll be able to take care of myself and be able to experience the things I never could before. I felt like God was trying to tell me not to give up when I saw this pop up on my screen. Sometimes I forget how much He's given me already and how I'm beginning to live the life I've always dreamed about. I can't forget though since now I know nothing is impossible.