6 Bible Verses To Help The Christian Girl Figure Out Loneliness And The Future

God can help you through it all, if you only let him in!

71
Aaron Burden on Unsplash

The Bible can be translated so many different ways, and it can mean many different things. One fact, though, can be taken from the Bible that relates to everyone: the Lord so wants to be with you. He wants you to let Him in, so that He can help you with whatever you are dealing with. One way I am able to let God into my life is by reading and reflecting on the Bible and what it means to me. In doing this, I am better able to see Him in all aspects of my life; not just when I'm at Church, but at all times. So, then, here are my top 6 Bible verses and their meanings in my life!

1. "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.'" -Jeremiah 29:11

The future can be terrifying sometimes. The possibility of great failure is a scary thought, I know. But the good news is, for God, nothing is unknown. He has a plan for us and knows exactly what will happen, and in His knowledge we need not fear. I love this verse for that exact reason; when I am afraid of the future, or when I fear that I have chosen the wrong path, I am able to calm myself by simply knowing that this is all part of God's plan. And although we may not know what this plan is yet, it will be revealed to us in due time. For now, I know I can trust that He will not steer me wrong!

2. "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." -Deuteronomy 31:6

This verse seems to come to me in times of great stress or loneliness. In my first few weeks of my freshman year of college, when I was struggling with making friends and was very homesick, the Lord showed me that he was with me through this verse. Now, I am sure to remember it whenever I am feeling the same way I did in those few weeks, because it reminds me that I am never alone. He is here with me and, through Him, I can do anything. This verse helped me so much to have courage, especially when I felt overwhelmed.

3. "But now, this is what the LORD says -- he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you , Israel: 'Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.'" -Isaiah 43:1

The idea of the Lord knowing your name shows up multiple times in the Bible, but it is often overlooked. If you think about it, though, I believe it is one of the most powerful verses in the Bible! What a wonderful thought, to know that God sees you as more than just a symbol, or a number in line. With 7.5 billion people in the world, He still knows you by name. He wants a relationship with each and every one of us. When I feel insignificant, or feel as though what I do won't matter in the world, this verse shows me that each and every one of us still matters. We are His, and He is ours!

4. "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well-fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength." -Philippians 4:12-13

Contentment is so difficult to achieve, especially in a society based on inherent need for more. More wealth, newer technology, better everything. And through this, one of the most difficult things to find is contentment and happiness in whatever situation you are in. But I know that, through the Lord, I can be content with what I have so long as I am always searching for ways to be closer to Him. Success and money are fleeting; they are temporary. Happiness through God is permanent! This passage has helped me to realize that I had been searching for the wrong things. Instead of finding wealth in money, I should be striving toward wealth in God.

5. "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own" -1 Corinthians 6:19

How wonderful is it to know that our bodies are blessed with the Holy Spirit? While the Holy Spirit may be somewhat obscure to define, we can know that God gave us something so special in order to honor us, so that we may view our bodies as loved and cared for. With all of the hatred and body-shaming we may have in the world, we can take solace in the fact that every one of us was made in the image of God. We need not feel that we need to change our bodies. We only need to take care of them, because they are temples of love and dignity. Love your body for what it is, and what it has the power to do!

6. "When the wicked advance against me to devour me, it is my enemies and my foes who will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident." -Psalm 27:2-3

It's easy to feel as though the world is against you. When things start going wrong, we tend to fall into fear and anger (understandably so). But what I've started to learn is that we are not limited by our enemies or by what "the world" has done to you; instead, we can overcome it. God can give us the strength and confidence to pass through times of great trouble, so long as we let Him lead us into better times. We can count on God because he is there for us; He will ensure that we have strength to carry on.