Bible Verses For Finals Week

Whenever I need that extra push, I always find myself turning to the Bible for some good words to help me. Finals week is so draining, but these verses will be sure to lift your spirits and get you going.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

This is so incredibly fitting for finals week. He tells us to be strong and not to be afraid because he is with us at all times. How comforting is this? There is no test greater than Him.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." Colossians 3:23

This verse comes to mind when I am working on my project for the thirteenth hour straight. It is important to stay focused on your work and make it a goal to serve Him in everything you do.

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is my strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

When the fear of failure creeps into your head, read this.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".  Jeremiah 29:11 

He has a plan. Everything that is happening at the point is apart of His plan. This is a great reminder when you are feeling weak and defeated during the week.

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33

Your grades and your future career matter, but what matters above all is your relationship with God. Keep your eyes focused on him and trust the process.

I hope these verses help you through finals as much as they have helped me. You have got this!