How My Best Friends Became Best Friends

How My Best Friends Became Best Friends

You get the best of both worlds!

361
Sydney Eisenberg

Who would've thought that a few years ago, making a group chat with my best friend from home and my best friend from camp would be one of the best (and smartest) decisions of my life? Many people dream of their best home friend and their best camp friend or friend who doesn't live in their town becoming friends and getting along. Little did I know, I helped create a beautiful friendship.

Having my best friend from home and my best friend from camp become friends was nothing but a dream come true. I knew the two of them hit it off immediately and would eventually become close friends. At the time, I was nervous about starting a group chat with them. I knew they both wanted to meet each other at some point in time, but I never thought that this was going to be the initial introduction to their friendship. When "Goals" was created, pretty much anything and everything was discussed in it (and still is to this day). Anything from boys to friends from home and camp, to school and the workload to what to post on Instagram and what to make the caption. You name it, it's probably been talked about multiple times.

Nothing beat the first time my two best friends met in person. Although it was on a whim, the three of us hanging out together was probably the best thing ever. When we met up at the train station in New York City on a hot summer day, I knew that this was about to get real. My best friend since fourth grade and my other best friend since the summer of 2009 were going to be meeting face to face. Before this all went down, I thought to myself "will it be awkward?" "Will they like each other in person?" "Will they get along just as well as they do over text?" And from the moment when they ran to each other and gave each other the biggest hugs, I knew I did something right. Watching my worlds collide right before my eyes was truly something unlike anything else.That whole day was spent laughing, smiling, talking nonstop, and obviously eating. Having these two amazing girls as my best friends become best friends is nothing but the greatest reward.

Taylor and Ryan, thank you both for being the best friends I could've ever asked for. You both know me better than I know myself and I couldn't have imagined this happening if it wasn't for the creation of "Goals" that one random day. I'm so incredibly lucky to have the two of you as my best friends. Thank you for the advice about boys, friends, food, Instagram, and more. I'm so glad the two of you have each other and that I have the two of you. I couldn't imagine any of my other home friends or camp friends being as close as the two of you. I love and miss you both to no end. XOXO