Beyoncé Gets Everyone In Formation

Beyoncé Gets Everyone In Formation

*Insert hot sauce in bag*

22
Beyoncé Gets Everyone In Formation

Well, Beyoncé has done it again. Just when you thought you were to go about your weekly routine with nothing new, she drops an instant hit and iconic music video. Her new song, Formationdropped the day before her expected-to-be ultra fierce Super Bowl Halftime Show performance.Not to mention that it was all a complete surprise. No teasers, no leaks, no subtle hints on social media. For an artist as widely known and loved as Queen Bey, she deserves an applause for keeping her personal life private and keeping her hits completely locked up until she says so. As the lyrics state, "I slay, all day." And she is absolutely right.

Of course, I am a biased, dedicated fan and I know not everyone will enjoy the song and video. However, you cannot deny that everything she puts out there has an artistic reason behind it, and was perfected until she felt it was ready to be public with her name on it. Her video is already becoming known as politically-charged, since it is featured in New Orleans with Beyoncé on top of a police car in flooded streets, a man holding a newspaper with Martin Luther King Jr.'s picture on it and a young, hooded boy dancing in front of a line of SWAT officers with a graffitied wall reading, "Stop shooting us."

This video appears to be slightly more aggressive than anything else Beyoncé has recently done, from flipping off the camera and more explicit lyrics than usual. Also, it seems as though the song is meant to serve as a statement revolving around racial tension and controversy in the United States. The video also features her lovely daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, looking fierce as ever, proudly rocking a bold, beautiful afro.

"I like my baby hair, with baby hair and afros. I like my negro nose with Jackson 5 nostrils."

And the now-iconic lyrics being celebrated all over Twitter, "When he f**k me good I take his ass to Red Lobster, 'cause I slay."

So if you needed anything to be excited about this week, here you go. Start your Monday off with this new anthem and you'll feel like a queen, too. Now get in formation and slay.