Better Together Day

Better Together Day

April 7th at Colorado State University on the LSC Plaza

30
Better Together Day
IFYC

What is Better Together Day?

Better Together Day is a day for students to come together and voice their values, whether it is based from their religion or their race or upbringing or their own philosophy. Although the event is through the Interfaith Youth Core, it doesn't matter if you find yourself to not be religious because inspiration and belief comes from so many different aspects in life.

How can you start being better together?

Colorado State University is having their own Better Together Day event on the LSC Plaza this Thursday, April 7th. There will be free coffee and ice tea and interesting discussion in our makeshift coffee shop! So wear blue to represent that we are better together!

We wanted to create a safe environment for students to voice their values and opinions so that they can carry an understanding of these different religions and cultures with them through the day and remember to respect the people around them because they don't know what could offend or make someone uncomfortable. We are trying to bridge the gap between students and faculty on campus.

If you can't make it to the event you can still express yourself!

IFYC is asking for people to share one thing about your tradition that promotes interfaith cooperation. You could share a quote or verse or religious text, a personal statement, a fact, or an experience. You can share on this page.

Some quotes shared on the Better Together Day page to inspire your day.

""If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when?" -Hillel the Elder." Submitted by Naomi.

"In the Christian story of creation told in the Hebrew Bible, God creates a world with a wide diversity of creatures and calls it good. I celebrate this as an indication that God desires and celebrates difference and diversity of all kinds. The proliferation of beliefs, practices, languages, etc is one of the ways I continue to see God's image in the world." A submission by Carolyn

Yasmeen shared, "One of my favorite things about Islam is praying. We are required to talk to God five times in the day, where we get to just stop for a second, vent our hearts, and ask Him for guidance.
This is one of my favorite quotes about prayer.
Once a man was asked, "What do you gain by regularly praying to God?"
The man replied, "Nothing...but let me tell you what I lost. Anger, ego, greed, depression, false conviction, insecurity, and fear of death.""

And a quote Sarah B. shared that many of us may know, "Be the change you wish to see in the world." -Ghandi