4 Pinterest-Worthy Spooky Halloween Shoes

Make your own spooky shoes this Halloween.

326

Halloween is here. Your preparations are made, and you're ready to celebrate the day in the best possible way. Aside from the party prep, a big part of the preparation is connected to the dress that you are going to wear this Halloween. And, as you know, a Halloween dress can only be enhanced with the perfect pair of Halloween shoes.

So, if you haven’t got your Halloween shoes yet, here are some Halloween witch shoe ideas that will make you stand out when the spooky day comes.

Any old pair of sneakers, boots, pumps, or random footwear can be transformed into a Halloween shoe by applying some simple tricks.There are a number of ideas that you can use to upgrade your shoes for Halloween. Let’s discuss.

1. Skeleton Shoes

These shoes are, obviously, most appropriate if you are wearing a skull dress.

1. For skeleton shoes, all you need is a pair of plain black comfortable sneakers and a white fabric paint.
  2. Draw feet bones on black sneakers with white paint.
  3. As the bones get highlighted in the dark, it will look like you are wearing nothing, but there are only scary bones without flesh.

2. Pointed Witch shoes

To make your own pair of pointed witch shoes, all you need is a pair of peep toe sandals or wedges. Peep toes are the easiest to transform.

1. Grab a pair of peep-toes you don't mind covering with tape and glue.
  2. Make a small paper ball and place it on the tip of the toes.
  3. Cover the toes and ball in sync with a supporting tape. Try to create the illusion of pointed toes by tightening the masking tape toward the end.
  4. Once the toe is done, give an extra witchy feel to the shoes by pasting square pieces of rolled paper on the toes and sides of the shoes.
  5. Let the shoe dry for about 2 hours, then cover it up with either golden or black glitter spray paint.
  6. It’s not necessary to give a clean pointed look to toes of the shoes. In fact, slightly disfigured toes might even look more witch-appropriate.
  7. You can also incorporate different color combinations in your shoes - black and gold, red and gold, etc.

You may also like to read: Halloween Styling Ideas for Plus-Size Women

3. Spider Web Shoes

Shoes with a spider’s web generally go with everything. No matter what kind of dress you are wearing, they can probably be paired up with it. And, whether you use a pump, boot or sneaker, the web can be made on the top of any shoe type.

1. Just draw a spider’s web on a paper and cut it down.
  2. Cover the web with glue and sprinkle some silver or gold glitter on its top.
  3. Let the web get completely dry.
  4. Once the web gets dry, apply some glue on the other side of the web as well and make it stick to the shoe.
  5. Remember to draw the web as per the shape of the shoe such as a bit elongated or round.

4. Scary Printed Boots

If you got a pair of old women's boots, what about covering it up with some scary prints and flashy colors to make them look Halloween ready? Look out for some scary prints, bring out different colors, especially it would be good to choose some bright fluorescent colors, which will shine brightly in dark.

Draw the print on the boots, even you can use plaster of Paris or clay to make 3D solid patterns on boots - such as flowers, leaves, pumpkins - the possibilities are endless.

Halloween is all about having fun and it’s a great time to show off your creative skills. So, dig out your creative side and get dressed up like the worst monster this Halloween.