These Are The 7 Best WDW Merchandise Locations

The 7 Best Locations To Work As A Walt Disney World Cast Member, Ranked

I really loved working at every single one of these locations!

284
Ana Paula Ricalde Muench

One of the very best parts about being a Walt Disney World Merchandise Cast Member is the fact that I get to pick up shifts in virtually any park and resort, so I decided that I would work in different places for an entire week, with the intention of writing an article ranking those locations from best to worst. After that week was over, I realized that I really loved working at every single location, so I decided to rank them as the seven best locations to work at.

1. Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe.

Ana Paula Ricalde Muench

Liberty Square has always been and will always be my favorite land in the Magic Kingdom, and Christmas is my favorite holiday, so it was only natural that I had to work a shift in the Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe. At first, I was very nervous about wrapping the ornaments, because I really didn't want to break any of them. But then, once I got the hang of it, I loved every second of it. I really enjoyed wearing a colonial dress, and I even got to help a sweet little princess write her letter to Santa Claus!

2. Pirates of the Caribbean Gift Shop.

Ana Paula Ricalde Muench

There is something very special about working at the exit of one of my favorite attractions. I really loved interacting with guests and asking them if they liked the ride, what their favorite part was, and how many times they saw Jack Sparrow roaming around! The costume really made me feel like a true pirate, and all my fellow cast members were really nice to me from the very start of my shift. This was truly a swashbuckling experience!

3. The Emporium.

Ana Paula Ricalde Muench

The Emporium is in my top three stores to work because the costume is incredibly cute, the guests are all very excited to be walking down Main Street, U.S.A., and because I literally got paid to listen to Happily Ever After, Once Upon A Time, and all the parades. I truly felt like I was being transported to another time when I worked there, and I twirled around in my dress every chance I got!

4. Mouse Gear.

Ana Paula Ricalde Muench

Mouse Gear was the very first location where I picked up a shift, and I was honestly very nervous about everything at first. The main reason why Mouse Gear made this list is because of the amazing cast members who made me feel at home, and like I could trust them to help me with whatever I needed. I also really liked this location because I'm used to fast-paced environments, and I was never bored there.

5. World of Disney.

I can't really say anything but great things about my home location. All the people who work there with me have really become nothing short of family to me, and I wouldn't have it any other way. World of Disney is gigantic, and we basically sell anything and everything our guests could possibly imagine. I love how energetic our store is, and it's always going to have a very special place in my heart.

6. Epcot Camera Shop.

Free-Photoshttps://pixabay.com/photos/disney-globe-disney-world-1149179/

Honestly, what's better than working right below Spaceship Earth? I loved working here because I could look up to the sky and see the majestic Epcot icon towering above me. This was a very chill location to work at, and I really loved greeting all the guests who were on day one of their vacations, guests who had never even been to Epcot, and guests who were on the tail end of their trips. Everyone who walked below Spaceship Earth had a very unique and special story to tell, and I loved playing a small part of their magical Disney journeys.

7. Dinoland, U.S.A.

Ana Paula Ricalde Muench

As a Dinoland, U.S.A. cast member, you're not just another person. You're part of a family, and all your fellow cast members will call you cousin. Dinoland was a very fun location to work, because of its high energy, positive attitude, and loud music. It's the only place in Disney's Animal Kingdom where guests get to see animals that don't roam among us anymore, and they also get to party with Donald Duck, Chip, Dale, and some of their best friends!

As much as I loved working at every single one of these locations, it's time for me to return to my home location and to keep making magic for our guests there. This was a very fun week though, and I'll still pick up shifts in different locations in the future for sure.