Another 10 Albums I Got Into On Vinyl

Another 10 Albums I Got Into On Vinyl

Here's the third series of albums I got into on vinyl.

21
Another 10 Albums I Got Into On Vinyl

So, I've said it a million times, but I love vinyl. So, here's another 10 albums I got into on vinyl.

1: Pseudo Echo - Love An Adventure (1987)

Pseudo Echo - Love An Adventure - Discogs

This was actually an album I started listening to after I found it in my dad's CD collection, but I didn't know he had it on CD. I say that because I've perused his collection many times and I somehow missed over it. The way I first knew about this album, was because a record store had a used copy of the American edition. I had always seen it, but I never knew what it was. One day, I found it on CD in his collection, and I wanted it on vinyl and I got it. It's an awesome album. They even do their own version of Funkytown, but it's only on the European editions.

2: The Laughing Dogs - Meet Their Makers (1980)

The Laughing Dogs - Meet Their Makers - Discogs

This was a complete chance decision. I saw this album one time, and I wasn't sure what to think, but I couldn't leave it either. I listened to it. It's spectacular. It befuddles me how these guys were overlooked. It's one of my few albums that I've listened to more than once a month. I love it start to finish.

3: Platinum Blonde - Contact (1987)

This cover is only different from the link, because my edition has different art from the original.

Platinum Blonde - Contact - Discogs

I received some catalogs from Oldies.com and they had all these discount LPs. Somehow, this was the one Platinum Blonde I had no idea even existed. It was an absolute impulse buy. It's an excellent album. I remember the first time I listened to it and it did seem mildly familiar even though it was my first listen. Anyway, it's a spectacular album because there's this smooth movement to it, and everything is done Platinum Blonde style and it's awesome.

4: Lizzy Borden - Master Of Disguise (1988)

Lizzy Borden - Master Of Disguise - Discogs

This was another album that I got from Oldies.com and it's a fascinating listen. It moves. It has this interesting album tempo that makes it as a whole and it's excellent. I have to re-spin this when I get a free moment because I want to get back to that mindset for a little while again.

5: Gary Myrick - Language (1983)

Gary Myrick - Language - Discogs

I have one Gary Myrick album, but I found this EP of his during one of our Dickson City adventures with Jim!! It's an excellent EP, and is another release that his this great movement to it. "Message Is You" is one of my favorite tunes ever.

6: The Front - The Front (1989)

The Front - The Front - Discogs

This is an interesting one. My dad has this on CD since it was released, and I somehow never checked it out. I found it on vinyl at Dickson City, but my dad told me to wait it out as a promo. Then one day at Double Decker...BAM. It's there. A promotional copy, with the shrinkwrap, biography and press photo. I spun it and I love it. It's fascinating. One of the first times I ever listened to it, I read the biography in it and was cool to read the story and hear the album.

7: Various Artists - Frankenstein And Other Rock Monsters! (1984)

Various Artists - Frankenstein And Other Rock Monsters - Discogs

I remember finding out about this on eBay. I knew about this for a while, and it was a bit of a wishlist piece, but I finally found my own copy!! It was during one of my Double Decker vinyl digs! I must say, this compilation is marvelous. I remember a lot of these tunes from when I was younger. Specifically because of Guitar Hero. Between my dad's music taste and Guitar Hero, that was how I got to hear all this stuff. Anyway, they put Quiet Riot, Girl, Saxon, The Romantics, and David Johansen all on the same compilation. It's wonderful.

8: Nantucket - No Direction Home (1983)

Nantucket - No Direction Home - Discogs

I owned one Nantucket album. It was the "Long Way To The Top" album. It was a white label promo. I've only ever seen it on vinyl one time. I skipped on it once. Something about a pin about Russia on the back or something like that. It was a minor detail, but one day, I finally decided to get it. It's excellent!! This begun a big search for their other albums. I have two so far because they are very scarce in original copies. I found "No Direction Home" during one my newer vinyl hunts, and I see Nantucket these days, and I grab it. No Direction Home is an awesome album. A thing to know about a lot of my vinyl finds is that I go off what seems interesting to me. I have a rather cool eye it seems. I like to check out what appeals to me, and I always tend to effortlessly uncover gems.

9: Gruppo Sportivo - Mistakes (1979)

Gruppo Sportivo - Mistakes - Discogs

This was another find from Dickson City. It's actually a compilation piece that was released on Sire because this band was actually on Ariola. You don't see too many albums from the original era of Sire too often, so it was a must buy. This band is fascinating and ambient and humorous at times.

10: James Gang - Miami (1974)

James Gang - Miami - Discogs

This was an album I got into on Spotify, and during a hunt at Main St. Jukebox, I found it and I was so happy to have it on vinyl finally!! It was also fueled by this bizarre interest I have in Tommy Bolin. I've always found him neat, and I felt drawn to this James Gang since it was the album he was featured on.

So, this seems to be a mix of where I found some of my favorite albums, and little informational tidbits as well. So, here's 10 more albums I got into on vinyl. Maybe you'll get into them too!