Best Steam Games About The Ocean

Best Steam Games About The Ocean

Dive into these games.

103

Let's hope you don't have thalassophobia (the fear of deep, dark bodies of water and what's hiding below that water). If you do like exploring the ocean, these Steam games are the ones for you!

​1. Subnautica

The Steam description for this game is:

"Descend into the depths of an alien underwater world filled with wonder and peril. Craft equipment, pilot submarines and out-smart wildlife to explore lush coral reefs, volcanoes, cave systems, and more - all while trying to survive."

Subnautica is an open world survival adventure game set on an alien planet, where you can gather resources and craft interesting items. You can explore a range of underwater biomes, and dive deeper and deeper to discover the secrets of the strange planet.

2. Raft

The Steam description for this game is:

"Raft throws you and your friends into an epic oceanic adventure! Alone or together, players battle to survive a perilous voyage across a vast sea! Gather debris, scavenge reefs and build your own floating home, but be wary of the man-eating sharks!"

Raft is a single or multiplayer survival game where you are placed on a single piece of wood in an endless ocean. You can gather materials, expand your raft, and don't forget to try to avoid the sharks.

3. ABZÛ

The Steam description for this game is:

"From the art director of Journey®, ABZÛ is a beautiful underwater adventure that evokes the dream of diving. Immerse yourself in a vibrant hidden world bursting with color and life as you descend into the heart of the ocean. But beware as you swim deeper as dangers lurk in the depths."

ABZÛ is an adventure game where you are a diver exploring the ocean and restoring life using magical springs. This is a visually stunning underwater game about gaining knowledge and exploration without the stress of survival elements.

FarSky

The Steam description for this game is:

"FarSky is a short survival game in the depths of the Ocean. Collect all the pieces of your submarine and reach back the surface."

FarSky is a survival game where you try to repair your submarine to escape to the surface while avoiding all the dangers of the ocean that surround you.

I have been obsessed with Subnautica ever since it was still in beta and didn't have a plot yet. Even then, it was worth picking up, so now that it's a fully fleshed out game, put it on your Steam wishlist for the holidays. While you're at it, add all of these to your wishlist!