The Best Tutoring Apps And Sites For Students Studying Any Subject

8 Ways To Get Tutoring Help In Any Subject

You really don't have to worry, there's help for literally every subject you could ever think of.

71

Sometimes all the cramming, flash cards and highlighters in the world can't do enough to help you ace the subjects giving you the most trouble. Fortunately, there are numerous tutoring resources you can take advantage of that could help improve your comprehension.

1. Use the Penji App

Having a friend who took the same class you're now in and excelled in it, is the equivalent of an academic interpersonal gold mine. Penji is an app that offers something even better.

It connects you to undergraduates at your school who have taken your class and are willing to tutor you in it. Use the app to book a time slot from the tutor's calendar, then meet the person on campus.

2. Visit the tutoring center at your college or university.

Colleges typically have tutoring centers where enrolled students can get help with their coursework and usually for free. Although some of these facilities require appointments, others operate on a walk-in basis to increase flexibility for those with busy schedules. Plus, you may have the option to get individual or group tutoring.

Considering that this is likely an option built into the fees you already pay to attend classes, there's no reason not to take advantage of it.

3. Scout out campus bulletin boards for immediate in-person help.

The dining halls, bus shelters and dorm room common areas often have bulletin boards announcing everything from textbook buyback periods at the campus bookstore to live music happening in a campus coffee shop. When you're looking for a tutor, it's smart to keep your eyes peeled for tutoring notices. Many undergraduate and graduate students who are eager to earn some cash on the side offer assistance that way.

It's even better if you look for bulletin boards located in the building associated with the course of study. For example, if you need a psychology tutor, check the facility on campus where most of the psychology classes happen.

4. Check out the offerings at "24HourAnswers."

Sometimes it becomes clear that you need different kinds of assistance depending on the situation. For example, you might get the best help for one class via a written solution but need an online teaching session for another.

Fortunately, 24HourAnswers.com offers an assortment of assistance. If you're on an especially tight budget, be sure to check out the library of previously provided homework help answers. They could give you the required study boost for a lower price compared to some of the other instructional offers at the site.

5. Make and inquiry at your publish library.

If you're guilty of spending too much time in the "bubble" provided by your campus, you're not alone. Many modern campuses are closer to fully functioning cities than learning environments alone, thanks to their convenience stores, health centers and gyms. But, if you don't explore what's beyond the bounds of your campus, you're likely missing out on some excellent resources.

Keeping in mind the topic at hand, your public library may offer tutoring sessions for community members. In many cases, you only need a valid library card to take advantage of the service. Although it's often necessary to book a slot or wait your turn, you can use the downtime to see if the library has books or periodicals to aid your coursework that the campus libraries don't have.

6. Give "Knack" a try.

Knack is another peer-to-peer tutoring app that lets you get class help directly from the people who've taken the courses giving you trouble. A handy rating system and tutor profiles help you make well-informed choices about which tutors are best-equipped to assist you.

Additionally, if you feel up to the task, tutoring someone else in the subjects you do clearly understand could be an excellent way to share your knowledge with other students while helping to build your prominence as someone who has a firm grasp of a topic and can dispense knowledge in ways that make the content easy to digest.

7. Locate a tutor on "Skooli"

Skooli is a website that provides K-12 tutoring as well as academic help for college students. One of the things that's different about this peer-to-peer tutoring option compared to some others is that it's impressively broad. For example, you can get a tutor who's linked to a school in the United States or one from places like Ireland and Australia.

8. Connect to a tutor via "Preply."

Many of us primarily know Skype as a platform for communicating. But, as it turns out, it works well for learning, too. Preply is a resource for nearly 5,000 Skype tutors and you can see a tutor's hourly rate directly on their profile.

The user reviews could also help you make a confident decision but you have the opportunity to book a trial lesson to see how the person's teaching style meshes with your learning preferences.

Also, although the tutors at Preply teach a variety of subjects, the site could be a particularly useful resource for getting up to scratch in a foreign language. That's because a section of the profile tells you which languages the speaker knows, as well as which one is their native tongue.