Let's Debate: Argument Of The Week Vol. 4

Argument of the week - Best US Timezone

12

Time Zones are an important part of our daily lives. They dictate what time shows and games start as well as our work schedules and we communicate. The continental US is divided into 4 time zones. We have Eastern Standard, Central Standard, Mountain and Pacific Standard. So which of these 4 time zones is the best?

Eastern: Eastern Standard time covers the East coast and goes into part of the midwest. The best part about EST is how most television and sport scheduling is based off of this time zone as it is the first one to go in the US. Secondly, for work the Eastern Time Zone starts the work day and you typically get off of work earlier than the other time zones. You're done with your day at 5, while people on the West coast are just getting back from their lunch break.

Central: The Central Time Zone is midwest and southern America based and is the clear favorite for me. CST gets all the same benefits of the first looks at television and sporting events but an hour early in our day. NFL games at Noon? No problem at all. CST also gets an earlier work release time than the West coast, but CST also gets the benefit of being able to communicate across multiple time zones without having a huge discrepancy of time difference.

Mountain: Mountain time covers the MidWest region of the US and is often the forgotten time zone. Although it may be the most neglected time zone it does have its benefits. For one, Anything prime time is going to be coming on at the perfect time of 6 - 6:30 in MST. This gives people enough time to get settled home from work and then time to do things once the event is over. MST also has Arizona in it which can fluctuate time zones as well, which is pretty dang cool.

Pacific: The Pacific time zone is the final time zone in the continental US and covers the West coast. The best case for the pacific time zone is that its at least an hour behind all of the others, meaning when events are going on its so much earlier in the day for the West coast. Ball drops at midnight on New Years Eve? Only 9pm for PST!

So which time zone do you think is the best?