The Best Things To Do On Your Spanish Getaway

Theres plenty of things to do and you will never be bored!

48
https://unsplash.com/photos/PvbunZyGDwE

Tips and tricks for a holiday in Spain

Eat The Best Food

Spain is known for all types of traditional dishes. My personal favorite is Paella. Paella is a combination of fish and rice, originating in Valencia, Spain. Another famous dish is the Cochinillo Asado which is roasted pig. It is often roasted and sliced in front of you. It is a traditional Spanish family dinner. Another famous dish is the Patatas Bravas. The best drink combination with these plates is Sangria.

Participate In Activities

No matter where you are in Spain, there is always something to do. Spain is home to mountains, cities, beaches, rural areas, and basically any type of landscape you can think of. In the winter months, people often travel to the North where there are mountains for skiing. In the summer people go to both the North and South for famous beaches such as the ones in Barcelona, Bilbao, and Valencia. The cities are filled with things to do such as eating, shopping, and nightlife. You will never be bored in this country.

Experience Spanish Nightlife

Spanish nightlife is like no other. On a typical night in Spain, we start pre drinks at 10 or 11. Then, we don't go out till around 1 or 2. The night can go on till 6 in the morning if you choose, considering closing time isn't until then. Dancing is the main activity when you go out. Spain offers many different genres of dance like Salsa, Bachata, and Meringue. The vibe is always happy and upbeat. People in Spain enjoy casual drinking; during weekdays people often go to the bar after work to grab wine and tapas. During the weekends people go to clubs. When it is warm out, people party outside during the day, drinking and enjoying the weather.

Immerse Yourself In Cultural Experiences

Spain is known for its rich cultural experiences. It has many famous historical landmarks. My favorite happens to be La Sagrada Familia located in Barcelona, Spain. It is a church designed by Gaudi, a famous architect and Christian. Another famous historical site is Alhambra in Seville, Spain. It was built by the Moors as a palace. Madrid is the capital city which is home to the Royal Palace and Prado Museum.