Best Things NJ Offers

Best Things New Jersey Has To Offer

While living here is crazy expensive, and many millennials still live at home, it does not mean that the Garden State has nothing to offer.

53
pexels.com
https://www.pexels.com/photo/atlas-ball-shaped-business-compass-269633/

I was eight years old moved to New Jersey from Germany in September 1997 after my dad got transferred for work. I have moved houses a few times since then, but have always managed to remain in same Central Jersey town ever since. I have only been outside of the state a handful of times, and it has always been short term. Many residents of my state including myself complain about how expensive everything is. Despite all of that, the Garden State does have some good to it.

1. You do not pump your own gas.

Almost every other state makes you pump your gas. Not having to pump your own can be viewed as a positive and negative feature of living and working in New Jersey. It is nice not to have to get out of your car in the dead of the winter or the peak of summer, and some people are paid to fill your gas tank. However, if I could save money at the pump by filling it up myself, I would jump on that in a heartbeat. Of course, if we ever did make motorists pump their gas, gas attendants would be out of a job.

2. Wawa..you know, the convenience store..it's not gibberish.

Wawa is headquartered in Wawa, Pennsylvania, but New Jersey does have the most locations of the famous East Coast-based chain.

My favorite thing about Wawa is the Coke Freestyle machines where you can enjoy harder to find flavors of your favorite Coca-Cola beverages. Another thing I like has their brand credit card to fill up my gas tank when I do not have cash, so I only use that card for that specific purpose, so the bill does not get high.

When you download their app onto your smartphone and use your virtual gift card to make purchases, you earn a reward for every $50 you spend. You also get random rewards from time to time such as a free coffee coupon on National Coffee Day.

QuickChek..another awesome convenience store chain.

QuickChek is another New Jersey-based convenience store. The chain has stores in New Jersey and New York. However, considering its first store opened New Jersey in 1967 and their headquarters is also in NJ, I think it is safe to consider it a Jersey thing.

My number one favorite thing QuickChek has to offer is their Extreme Caffeine coffee which has more than 30% extra caffeine versus their Original Blend coffee. Speaking of coffee, when you download their app on your smartphone, you get a free cup of coffee for every six cups you buy, and you scan one of their QR codes each time. The app also has coupons for in-store use and two mini-games you can play to earn credits and maybe even some free stuff.

4. Rook Coffee.

Rook Coffee Roasters was started only eight years ago, and they are working on opening their 12th location. This New Jersey staple currently has locations in Monmouth and Ocean counties with its headquarters located in Long Branch. Like Dunkin' and Starbucks, they also sell their own branded merchandise such as cups, mugs, and take-home coffee.

With it now being pumpkin spice season, I have tried pumpkin spice flavored drinks at Dunkin', Starbucks, and Rook. Rook is my favorite place to get coffee now, especially their pumpkin style flavor. When I ask for a coffee to be light and sweet, I do not have an inch of sugar at the bottom of the cup.

The only thing I do not necessarily like about Rook is that many of their locations close at 5 pm, with some staying open until 8 pm.