15 Adventurous Summer Jobs

15 Summer Jobs For The Person That Doesn’t Want To Sit At A Desk Or Work In Fast Food

School is soon coming to a close, and so are our jobs that we work during the school year.

202
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I11bPV4pgEk

School is soon coming to a close, and so are our jobs that we work during the school year. If you are like me, then sitting at a desk or being trapped inside for forty hours a week sounds like hell. But do not fret, I have compiled a list of fifteen fun jobs that will keep you active and engaged all summer long…

Swim Instructor

photos.cdn-outlet.com

While it might seem like you have to be an insanely talented swimmer to become a swim instructor/lifeguard, it is a lot easier than you think. You just have to complete a few simple tasks that most people that are in good health will be able to carry out easily. For more information on the specific requirements, check out this website: https://americanpool.com/services/pool-management-services/red-cross-lifeguard-training/

City Tour Guide

media-cdn.tripadvisor.com

Are you from a town that fills with tourists during the summer? If so, this may be the perfect job for you! You will be able to walk around and tell people about the town that you grew up in. Easy peasy and great exercise! Plus, you can soak up the sun while getting paid. If you visit Indeed.com there will be tons of resources to find guide jobs.

Camp Counselor

www.camplaurel.com

If you love kids, this is the job for you! You will be able to play outside and hang out with kids all day. Many camp counseling jobs also include housing and food, because of this you have the possibility to travel to a new place and be a counselor there.

Dog Walker

www.cesarsway.com

Being a dog walker is now easier than ever. With all of the new apps hitting the market, you can be a dog walker in minutes. Apps like Rover and Wag create a platform where you can connect with dogs all over whatever city you are in. You can pick a walking job as easy as you can pick up an Uber, plus you can choose your own hours!

Plant Nursery Worker

alabamagreenindustryjobs.org

If you're like me and absolutely love plants, then this is the place for you. You can be outside, with plants, playing in the dirt. It doesn't get much better than that. Go out and find your local plant nursery. You won't regret spending for summer with the flowers! That's for sure.

Farmers Market Worker

www.evergreen.ca

Health food, produce, and pottery! Oh My! Snag a job at your local Farmers Market. Whether that be at manning a booth or managing the event as a whole, your days will be filled with fun and energy all day! Not to mention the discounts that you can get!

Amusement Park Worker

i.dailymail.co.uk

Live your childhood dream and work at an amusement park! If you live in a capital city, odds are that there is an amusement park to work at. Not only do you get to work in a super fun environment, but you can soak up the sun while doing it!

Babysitting

purposelyawakened.com

Maybe you don't want to commit a whole summer to camp counseling, but you still love kids. You're in luck! Babysitting is a great option for you. Flexible hours and you can work anywhere. Apps like Busy Bees can even help you find jobs in your area.

National Park Worker

www.backpacker.com

Are you a nature person inside and out? Then being a national park worker is perfect for you. Not only do you get to spend every day in the most beautiful environments, but you also get to have full access to the park on your off days for all of the roaming that your heart desires.

Zoo Worker

www.zoo.org.au

Every child's dream is to be able to be at the zoo all the time. Now you can! You can work at your local zoo during the summer. There are tons of jobs that you can do, from a dip and dots cashier to a sea lion feeder. The opportunities are endless!

Hiking Guide

www.selkirkexperience.com

Get your summer bikini bod while you are at work! For all of you avid hikers, this is right down your ally. You can hike all day AND get paid to do it. Name a more wonderful duo. I'll wait…

Landscaping

actionlawnreno.com

If you have an eye for design and a desire to get a little extra vitamin D, this job will certainly brighten up your summer. Tons of landscaping companies need more hands during the summer demand for landscape. Get in contact with your local companies and see if they have a spot for you!

Freelance Writing

cdn-images-1.medium.com

Advance your career and get paid to work flexible hours? HECK YEAH! Calling all writers. This may be the job for you. Freelance writing is a great option to have complete freedom and also get paid to do what you love while sitting in a bikini by the pool.

Wrangler

Cowboy, horses, dusty Park Butte Trail, Mount Baker Wilderness, Washington, USA.

ssl.c.photoshelter.com

Giddy on up and get you a job as a horse wrangler. Many homesteads and ranchers need more wranglers during the summer. Many summer camps even have these jobs available. If you are looking to spend your summer riding off into the sunset, then this is just right for you!

WWOOF

u8b3r4s2.stackpathcdn.com

Last, but certainly not least is WWOOF. WWOOF is an international company that is looking for people who desire to travel but need housing and a job as well. They are a company that will get you a job at a local organic farm and provides you housing for your work. So this summer if you want to travel, but not break the bank, this is a LIFESAVER.