10 Summer Hacks Everyone Should Live By

10 Summer Hacks Everyone Should Live By

You'll never live your life the same again.

397

Well, guys, it's official summertime and along with that comes great times and fun memories. As much as we'd like to think that is all that happens, summer can be filled with some pretty frustrating times. From frizzy hair to sunburn, everyone should have some go-to techniques to live the summer right and stress-free. Not to mention, it can be totally easy and inventive! So without further adieu, here are several life hacks to keep your summer fresh and fun!

1. Sunscreen!

I know this is the best time to lay out in the sun and enjoy the warmth, but be smart about it. Sun poisoning is no fun and neither is skin cancer. Take care of your skin and you will truly glow.

2. Tanning lotion

This is an easy alternative to laying out in the sun. Instead of going out for too long enduring the harmful rays, just lather up some lotion to get your tan on! This especially comes in handy when you are very pale and your body doesn't know the meaning of getting tan.

3. DEODORANT!

And no, I'm not talking about for your armpits, although you should definitely apply heavily in that area. I'm talking about thighs. Yes, it seems like a very strange place to put deodorant, but if you are a girl or guy with thick thighs, then this little hack will help with chaffing, which no one likes.

4. Who needs a salon when you have lemon juice?

So this hack is even new to me but has apparently been around for decades. Instead of spending outrageous amounts of money at a salon for simple highlights, you can squeeze some fresh lemon juice on your hair and then go out into the sun. Sounds genius right?

5. Toothpaste for mosquito bites?

If you are one of those people who go outside for barely a minute and comes back in with a hundred mosquito bites, then this may be for you. While bug spray helps, it certainly doesn't prevent all bug bites, but to keep the itchiness away, you can rub toothpaste on the bites to take care of that. It works wonders!

6. Baby powder vs. Sand

This hack is great for those going to the beach. Sand can be messy and just irritating when it is not kept at the beach, but to keep from tracking sand everywhere, put some baby powder on your feet and the sand will fall right off! It'll keep from getting everywhere, like in your car or house.

7. Toothbrushes are great for your hair!

We all know how humid it can get during the summer, but one way to help with that is a toothbrush and some hairspray. Just spray some hairspray on a toothbrush and those pesky flyaways will be gone in no time.

8. Pool hair? No thanks.

One cool tip to do before you get into a pool is to wet your hair in cool water before jumping into the pool. This helps with your hair not absorbing as much chlorine that could turn your hair green. No one wants that.

9. Baking soda helps, too.

If you forget to wet your hair before you in the pool, no worries. Rinsing your hair with baking soda afterward helps keep your hair clean and chlorine free.

10. Deodorant... AGAIN

So not only is this good for your armpits and thighs, it's also amazing for the back of your neck. We know how sweaty we all get when it's humid and hot outside. Well, deodorant helps with that too! Just put some on your neck before getting ready and drying your hair and voila! No sweat.

Well, summer is here and so are the hacks! Don't miss out on having a stress free summer by trying out these step to a fabulous time and a cool summer!