Best Summer 2016 Playlist

Best Summer 2016 Playlist

Add these fabulous tunes to your playlist for the best season of the year.

4
Best Summer 2016 Playlist
New Evolution Designs

It's the time of year we have all been waiting for, summertime! Personally, I am always ecstatic when break finally arrives. I spend my semesters in constant overdrive, running on little to no sleep and too much caffeine. Gone are the paper deadlines and stressful tests for now. The break won't last forever, though. Time to make the best of our summer while we have it.

Whether you are bored at your apartment or traveling or drinking a beer on the beach, these are some of the best tunes to add to your slammin' summer playlist. It's time to sit back, relax and enjoy some rock 'n roll, pop or country.

For those who enjoy the latest hits...

1. The Chainsmokers "Don't Let Me Down ft. Days"

I have always loved this group, and I particularly like this feature.

2. Fifth Harmony "Work from Home ft. Ty Dolla $ign"

What is working? (Actually, you should probably not take this song's advice.)

3. Mike Posner "I Took a Pill in Ibiza (Seeb Remix)"

I don't recommend taking a pill in Ibiza, or you'll end up wearing a weird mask.

4. Nick Jonas "Close ft. Tove Lo"

I never got into the Jonas Brothers, but, wow, how things have changed!

And for those who prefer country music...

5. Dierks Bentley "Somewhere on a Beach"

I wish I could be somewhere on a beach too, Dierks.

6. Dustin Lynch "Mind Reader"

I got to see him perform live about three years ago. He was super sweet!

7. Tim McGraw "Humble and Kind"

An old favorite of mine. The message in this song is so sweet.

8. Luke Bryan "Huntin', Fishin', and Lovin' Every Day"

Sounds like a pretty great life if you ask me!

Or for those who dig rock music...

9. Disturbed "The Sound of Silence"

I have to admit I was blown away. I thought only Simon & Garfunkel could ever do this song right.

10. blink-182 "Bored to Death"

Yes. So much yes. That is all.

11. Radiohead "Burn the Witch"

This song is a little strange (the video, too), but it is Radiohead. What else did you expect?

12. Foals "Mountain at My Gates"

This song has been a favorite of mine for a while. We will be playing it when we spot our first mountain on our road trip this summer.