Best Things In These NJ Towns

The Best Things In These 5 South Jersey Beach Towns

Those summer feels, though.

111
Katie Francis

This summer, I was fortunate to have gone to numerous different beach towns throughout South Jersey, and I have come to find that each town is exciting and unique for their own different reasons. Below are the five towns that I experienced this summer, along with the quality that stuck with me the most.

1. Wildwood, NJ — The Boardwalk

I have been going to The Wildwoods ever since I was little, and the boardwalk never ceases to excite me. There are three piers filled with rides for all ages, endless games to play in the arcades, and the best and greasiest foods you will ever try.

2. Sea Isle City, NJ — The Shops

Sea Isle City is a beach town that is quiet during the day, but easily one of the most popular party towns once happy hour rolls around. During those quiet daytime hours, one of my favorite things to do was visit the adorable nautical shops all around the island, including shops such as Coastal Palms Boutique.

3. Ocean City, NJ — The Beach

I have been visiting Ocean City for a couple of years now, and it is by far my favorite town to visit when I want to bury my toes in the sand. The beach is extremely clean, and there are countless beautiful shells and creatures (horseshoe crabs, sand crabs, hermit crabs) ornamenting the island, just waiting to be discovered.

4. Atlantic City, NJ — The Casino Hotels

Atlantic City is already very well known for their casinos and hotels, but I got to experience it for myself this summer. I had the luxury of staying in the brand new Hard Rock Hotel, decorated with musical artists' memorabilia, flashy slot machines, and a giant electric guitar chandelier.

5. Cape May, NJ — The Sites

Being one of the oldest vacation resort destinations in America and a National Historic Landmark, Cape May is a great place to visit if you are looking to see some history. While I visited, I saw the town's historic beauty, including sights such as the Cape May Lighthouse, a World War II ammunition bunker on the beach, and authentic Victorian buildings from the 1800s.

I am fortunate to live in a state where there are so many beach towns that offer such diverse attributes. With that being said, if you are ever lucky enough to travel to the South Jersey Shore, don't skip out on these towns and their distinctive assets!