19 Songs For 19 Years Of Being Alive

19 Songs For 19 Years Of Being Alive

A playlist of bops for every year I've existed.

629
19 Songs For 19 Years Of Being Alive

A little bit ago, my friend Cara told me how she was writing an essay for class and had to pick a bunch of songs from her childhood. It was a super fun playlist to make, so I thought I'd share it!

1. 1999-I Want It That Way (The Backstreet Boys)

Billboard.com

This song will never fail to cheer me up on a bad day. It slaps and the harmonies are tight. Love this, always will, play it at my wedding and my funeral.

2. 2000-Oops!..I Did It Again

Bravo.com

I knew all the words to this song before I knew how to read, and I'm very proud of that fact. Thanks, Britney.

3. 2001-Drops of Jupiter (Train)

Amazon.com

Gorgeous song, gorgeous tribute, a song I have cried to many a time, this one is one of my favorites of all time.

4. 2002-Sk8r Boi (Avril Lavigne)

Punkee.com

"He was a boy. She was a girl. Can I make it anymore obvious?" Yes, Avril, you can, but this song is the best so I'll let that slide.

5. 2003-Bring Me To Life (Evanescence) 

Billboard.com

How I could I not choose this option? This is iconic.

6. 2004-Mr. Brightside (The Killers)

wikipedia

I feel like this is a song that nobody knows all the words to, but everyone sings along anyways, and I love that about it. Dances in high school without this song weren't real.

7. 2005-Pon de Replay (Rihanna)

studybreaks.com

I wake up every day and thank the universe for Rihanna. A world without this song, or without the iconic "Umbrella" is a world I don't want to live in.

8. 2006-Bop to The Top (High School Musical)

youtube.com

I am currently Ryan Evans. I will one day become Ms. Darbus. Those are just the facts. This song is pinnacle to my development, and if you've met me, you probably figured that out within minutes of doing so.

9. 2007-Love Song (Sara Bareilles) 

wikipedia

I will sing Sara's praises with my dying breath. She gave us Love Song, she gave us Waitress, she gave us Gravity, she gave us an iconic Tony Awards hosted by her and Josh Groban. We don't deserve her.

10. 2008-Play My Music (Jonas Brothers)

hollywoodlife.com

I have always been in love with Nick Jonas, and I always will be. The fact that he was in Camp Rock only cements this further.

11. 2009-Telephone (Lady Gaga, Beyoncé)

wikipedia

It's Lady Gaga. And Beyoncé. At the same time.

12. 2010-Airplanes (B.o.B. ft Hayley Williams)

abesarmusic

I used to listen to this song before basketball practice and jam real hard. I don't play sports anymore, but I do still love this song.

13. 2011-Raise Your Glass (P!nk)

nylon.com

I love this song, and also I love P!nk and also once Darren Criss covered this on Glee and I screamed aloud because I was so excited about it.

14. 2012-Everybody Talks (Neon Trees)

wikipedia

This song makes me happy and want to dance, so it's earned a spot on my list.

15. 2013-Best Song Ever (One Direction)

youtube.com

I LOVE HARRY STYLES THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Also this song is so catchy and will be stuck in my head all day just because I typed the title. And that's just fine with me.

16. 2014-Stay With Me (Sam Smith)

hollywoodreporter.com

I love Sam Smith, I love this song, and I love singing this song by Sam Smith. My little brother has special needs and Sam Smith is his favorite artist, so I play this on my ukulele and sing it for him sometimes, which makes him smile. That memory makes me happy, so this song gets a place on the list.

17. 2015-Uptown Funk (Bruno Mars and Mark Ronson)

medium.com

I've had many a dance party to this song, and I regret none of them

18. 2016-History (One Direction)

much.com

I don't know what kind of magical powers to get things stuck in my head One Direction has, but this song is stuck in my head, but "Best Song Ever" still is too, so there's a lot of British boyband going on in my brain right now.

19. 2017-Woman (Kesha)

Imdb.com

Remember when I said we don't deserve Sara Bareilles? We don't deserve Kesha, either, and the entire album this song is on proves that.

20. 2018-The Good Side (Troye Sivan)

wikipedia

This is a really pretty song, and i may or may not be writing an entire musical because I was inspired by it

So there you have it! 20 songs to summarize my music love throughout the years. I hope this inspires more playlists, and would strongly recommend people try this out because I had a ton of fun making this!