best smoothie recipe

6 Ingredients That You Need In Your Next Smoothie

The best smoothie you'll ever have. Trust me.

64
scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

My mom and I came up with this combo when the smoothie place in my town, so rudely might I add, discontinued a similar combo. (I'm still bitter about it) It's the best of the best. I've tried combination after combination but nothing compares to the wonder that is the pomegranate strawberry smoothie. Wondering what else goes in it that makes it so good? Well, guess what? I'm about to tell you!

1. Strawberries

First up are the strawberries. Frozen work best but if you have some older, "shrively ones" as I like to call them, those work too. I usually throw about a handful into my blender cup. Make sure not to put too many though because then you won't have room for all the other goodies.

2. Blueberries

Next, we have the blueberries. Usually frozen as well but the shrive tactic still applies. Just make sure there's no mold. We don't like moldy smoothies. They're also a great source of antioxidants and good filler space in your blender cup. They tend to make your smoothie extra purple which is always a fun time.

3. Banana

You guessed it, Frozen! And again, old ones work too! When they get too brown to eat any other way just pop them in the freezer and they're good to go for smoothie time a couple hours later. Don't want to wait that long? No problem! You can use it as is since all the other frozen fruit will make your smoothie nice and cold anyway. I would recommend at least one frozen fruit though.

4. Yogurt

Greek. Plain. Vanilla. Blueberry. Strawberry. Really doesn't matter, it just helps make the smoothie creamy and slightly sweeter if you use one that has added sugar. If you prefer unsweetened yogurt, it will work just as well since the banana tends to sweeten it up too.

5. Spinach

Vegetables??? WHAT??? Yes. Spinach in a smoothie. Personally, I always put spinach in my smoothies but for anyone who instantly thought "No way!" You can't see it or taste it. It just adds more vitamins to your already nutrient-packed smoothie so just put it in. Stop thinking about it, you big baby. *eye roll*

6. Pomegranate juice

The big finisher! This is what brings this smoothie all together. Use just enough to fill to the line of your blender cup, sometimes you need to add more based on how your fruit is blending so just use your better judgement. This adds more antioxidants as well as more flavor to your smoothie. It also just makes the whole thing taste amazing.

Once you have all your ingredients in your blender cup, throw the lid one and blend it up! I usually make this in the biggest blender cup that comes in most nutribullets so it can usually serve 2 people (aka my mom and I usually share it) but you can do the same in the smaller one just with less ingredients. You can also try it in a regular blender but those things just seem like a lot of mess no matter what you make it in. Whatever way you make this, I highly recommend that you do. You can thank me later.