Report this Content
We heard all about the Women's March on Washington, but what actually happened was men, women and children from all over the world came together on Saturday, January 21st. The official website reads, "In the spirit of democracy and honoring the champions of human rights, dignity, and justice who have come before us, we join in diversity to show our presence in numbers too great to ignore. The Women’s March on Washington will send a bold message to our new government on their first day in office, and to the world that women's rights are human rights. We stand together, recognizing that defending the most marginalized among us is defending all of us."
This global effort was an amazing showing of solidarity and hope for what currently seems like a pretty bleak future. One of the greatest immediate takeaways were all of the amazing, witty, inspiring and creative signs that people carried all over the world.
Here are just some of the many:
1. This timeless MLK quote
2. Support for the Notorious RBG
3. This realization
4. Did you hear the classic dystopian novel "1984" is trending again?... I can only wonder why
5. Obama-Clinton 2020? (The ones who haven't been President yet, of course)
6. This reminder of hope
7. This inspiring quote from Malala Yousafzai
8. This incredibly accurate wordplay
9. Plz come back!!!
10. Not even grandma's happy anymore
11. The Golden Rule applies to Twitter too!
12. Didn't see that one coming, now did you?
13. Friendly reminder that this country was founded for the purpose of religious freedom...
14. These honest truths
15. Even emoji's get it
16. This probably is the most aggressive thing that happened all day
17. Fandoms unite
18. This scarily accurate depiction
19. The power of strong women transcends generations
20. Remember that the only people who aren't immigrants are the Native Americans
21. New decades, same problems
22. Even had some classic "Mean Girls" humor
23. This awe-inspiring woman
24. Ah, the irony
25. But who doesn't love IKEA?
26. This adage
27. Exasperation personified
28. The cutest tiny protestor with a huge message
29. THIS reminder of what it's really all about
30. And my personal favorite sign
This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator.