12 Best-Selling Romance Authors Whose Work Will Make You Forget About Reality

If you need a book boyfriend, then you've come to the right place.

3464

To those of you who enjoy gut-wrenching, tear-dropping, and heart-breaking romance stories with happy and sappy endings (for the most part), then you have definitely come to the right place. If you're looking to invest your time (and your heart) into some great series, then look no further. I'm talking alpha men and headstrong women with the relationship of a lifetime...

Here are 12 of my favorite best-selling authors (who write mostly contemporary romance, with a side of angst and heartbreak) that will blow your mind.

1. Cora Reilly.

The Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles and the Camorra Chronicles will ruin your life (for the better). Cora Reilly has the ability to rip my heart out and mend it all in one book. Out of all the characters and couples, I can't even narrow it down to my number one top favorite. Luca and Aria, Remo and Serafina, and Cassio and Giulia will forever have my heart. The best part is that the female characters in her books are strong and kick major ass.

2. Meghan March.

Two of my all-time favorite series by Meghan March are the "Dirty Billionaire Trilogy" and the "Magnolia Duet." One second I'm completely laughing my ass off and the next I'm bawling my eyes out. Meghan March plays with my feelings but in a good type of way.

3. Adriana Locke.

If you're looking for some swoon-worthy books with some incredibly adorable endings (and vibes), then Adriana Locke is the way to go. I love standalone "Lucky Number Eleven," but my favorite series is probably the Landry Family Series.

4. LJ Shen.

LJ Shen's books really throw you for a loop. One second I think I have the plot all figured out, and the next I'm completely bamboozled, heartbroken, and happy all at the same time. My all-time favorite series by her is the Sinner of Saint Series (especially "Vicious," oh my god) and the All Saints High Series.

5. Tijan.

I started reading Tijan when I was in high school and my favorite thing is that her books all range in styles. She has her fair share of young adult, steamy romances, and paranormal series. Tijan is the queen of plot twists. My two absolute favorite series by her is the Fallen Crest Series, the Broken and Screwed Series, and the Carter Reed Series. As for individual books, "Hate To Love You," "Anti-Stepbrother," "Enemies," "Cole," and "The Boy I Grew Up With." I obviously can't narrow down my favorites...

6. Whitney G.

The first book I ever read by Whitney G. is "Reasonable Doubt" and I was so hooked that I read the whole series quickly after. "Naughty Boss" is also a favorite of mine. Her books have me feeling hot one second and cold the next. The suspense drives me insane but the plots blow my mind away.

7. Kandi Steiner.

I recently discovered Kandi Steiner at the beginning of the year and she's quickly wormed her way into my top authors. Her books are somewhat quirky, cute, and heart-stopping. Check out the Becker Brother Series, I promise you definitely won't regret it, and you'll probably crave a glass of whiskey while you're at it. I rarely drink but every book in this series somehow makes me crave some whiskey...

8. Laurelin Paige.

The Fixed Universe is my absolute favorite series by Laurelin Paige. I'm talking angst-ridden plots with a love story so beautiful that you'll wish you these books were real life. Hudson and Alayna's love and relationship will make you wish you had a love that burned this intense.

9. Sylvia Day.

If you have ever read the Fifty Shades series, then the Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day will definitely give you a run for your money. This is a "love will prevail" type of book, full of tear-jerking moments. Gideon and Eva beat the insurmountable odds, the struggles they overcome, the moments they have, the things they do for each other...

10. Layla Hagen.

Layla Hagen has to be one of my top authors, simply because of the wholesome vibes of her book. I love the Bennett Family Series and The Connor Family Series the most. Her books full of sweet moments and romantic notions, I promise you that your heart will be happy.

11. Corinne Michaels.

If you're looking for some emotionally raw, beautiful, and whirlwind type of books, then Corinne Michaels is the author for you. The Salvation Series, particularly "Consolation" and "Conviction," had my crying and clapping at almost every plot twist.

12. Addison Moore.

Addison Moore is one of my favorite authors because her books are full of quirky, what the heck moments. I truly find myself laughing and giggling through the majority of her books, and yet simultaneously feeling for each of the characters. My favorites by her are the 3 AM Kisses Series, which has 18 books. My favorite standalone is "Burning Through Gravity," which I promise will pull at your heartstrings and make you cry.