Relatable Sara Bareilles Songs

10 Sara Bareilles Songs for all of your feels

She has one for everything.

1170
Sara Bareilles

Ah, Sara Bareilles. My home girl. A wonderfully versatile singer and songwriter, Bareilles has an incredibly diverse repertoire--particularly for when you need to get in touch with your emotions. Check out this list to find a specific song for when ya really need it!

1. Chasing the Sun

Album: The Blessed Unrest

Favorite Lyric: And the gift of my heartbeat sounds like a symphony/played by a cemetery in the center of Queens

When to Listen: If you are ever looking for a great motivator, this song is perfect! It's a great 'Carpe Diem' tune.

2. She Used to Be Mine

Album: What's Inside: Songs from Waitress

Favorite Lyric: She is Messy/But She's Kind

When to Listen: Honestly, this is my go-to cry song. It'll really getcha. It's a song that explores what it's like to lose sight of yourself. (PS: Waitress is an absolutely incredibly musical wow)

3. Little Black Dress

Album: The Blessed Unrest

Favorite Lyric:Get up off my knees and just remember that I am/ More than just somebody's puppet I can/ Find the cord and then I'll cut it I stand/ A pretty good chance to dust myself off and dance

When to Listen: Rough break-up? Just want to get over a boy? Perfect. Break out that little black dress, girl.

4. I Choose You

Album: The Blessed Unrest

Favorite Lyric: Let the sun fade out to a dark sky/ I can't say I'd even notice it was absent/ 'Cause I could live by the light in your eyes

When to Listen: This is such a cute love song--just a nice, feel-good, I-love-love type of song.

5. Between the Lines

Album: Little Voice

Favorite Lyric: Leave unsaid unspoken/ eyes wide shut unopened/ You and me/ Always between the lines

When to Listen: We've all had those 'almost' relationships--and they suck. This song gets it: it may not be a break up when they fizzle out, but they still hurt.

6. Uncharted

Album: Kaleidoscope Heart

Favorite Lyric: Jump start my kaleidoscope heart/ love to watch the colors fade/ They may not make sense/ But they sure as hell made me

When to Listen: Some of life's happiest moments happen when we step out of comfort zones--this song is all about exploring new things!

7. Bright Lights and Cityscapes

Album: Once Upon Another Time

Favorite Lyric: I'm the paper and you're the pen/ You fill me in and you are permanent/ And you'll leave me to dry/ I'm the writer and she's the muse/ And the one that you always choose/

When to Listen: Unrequited love. Ugh: it's painful, it's confusing. It's tough to love someone who loves someone else.

8. A Soft Place to Land

Favorite Lyric: When your breaking point's all that you have/ A dream is a soft place to land

When to Listen: This is top of my list for easy listening. It's a chill, relaxing melody with a nice message.

9. King of Anything

Album: Kaleidoscope Heart

Favorite Lyric: I'm not the one who's lost with no direction/ But you'll never see/ You're so busy making maps with my name on them in all caps/ You got the talking down, just not the listening

When to Listen: LADY. ANTHEM. Ever just want to dismantle the patriarchy? Now's your chance!

10. Red

Album: Careful Confessions

Favorite Lyric: Made my mistakes, and did a few things right/ But it will take what it will take, baby that's life/ You cannot change what you do not own, everybody knows/ But if you live deep and love strong you get pretty damn close/

When to Listen: We all make mistakes, but that's how we learn: this song is all about growing up and making mistakes and becoming better because of it.