favorite romantic movies

5 Perfect Soups For The Soul: The Best Romantic Movies Of All Time

There is always an excuse to watch a movie where love wins.

76
https://www.facebook.com/2wksnotice/photos/a.590884590957959/662114730501611/?type=3&theater
Two Weeks Notice Facebook

We don't need to wait until Valentine's Day to watch romantic movies. Romantic movies are like medicine for me. I need to watch them when I am depressed, when I am happy, when I broke up with a guy, when my crush asks me for a date, when my crush does not pay attention to me, when I feel lonely and when I am with my friends.

There is always an excuse to watch a movie where love wins, where the protagonist finds the perfect person, where at the end everybody lives happily ever after.

I want to share my favorite romantic movies; the ones I can watch a thousand times.

1. "Two Weeks Notice."

Facebook

It is my favorite romantic movie; actually, it is one of my favorite movies. In "Two Weeks Notice," we have the royalty of romantic movies: Huge Grant, the king, and Sandra Bullock, the queen.

Lucy (Bullock) is the kind of woman I want to be: independent, the best in her job; she is a lawyer graduated from Harvard; she fights for her beliefs; she does not forget where she came from; she is not looking for the perfect guy.

George (Grant) is a handsome, rich businessman. He is a playboy; he has a big charisma because he is a billionaire and good-looking, but he is nice with everybody, and he walks on the streets like all of us. He is the typical male protagonist; he is too cool to be ours.

The best about this film is they don't fall in love quickly. First, they learn how to live with the defects of the other and they are together in the worst moments. They make the decision of being together because they know each other deeply. (Warning: the only thing I don't like in the movie is Trump's cameo. It was 2004; Trump was cool at that moment).

2. "August Rush."

Facebook

I know this movie is too corny, but it is fantastic. We have in one movie: Freddie Highmore, Keri Russell, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Terrence Howard, and Robin Williams; also the soundtrack is wonderful because Rhys Meyers sings some of the songs.

The story is about Lyla (Russell) and Louis (Rhys Meyers), who fall in love in one night; however, they are separated by destiny. Lyla gets pregnant, but the day she gives birth, her father lies saying she lost the baby. The truth is the baby is alive, Evan (Highmore) was sent to an orphanage.

Evan grows up, and he shows a special talent for music. He believes the music is going to help him to find his parents. Evan only needs to make music.

Please, go and watch it. It is a beautiful movie.

3. "Just like Heaven."

Facebook

The first time I watched this film, I did not know what this movie was about it. I left the movie theater so happy; this movie makes me happy.

Mark Ruffalo, the other king of the romantic movies is David. He is having a depressed time because he just lost his wife. He rents an apartment in San Francisco trying to forget. Everything works well until Elizabeth (Reese Witherspoon) appears as a "ghost."

David becomes Elizabeth's "ghost" friend. It is a crazy relationship, but this couple is going to make you laugh.

4. "Bridget Jone's Diary."

Facebook

I am talking about the first "Bridget Jone's Diary" (the other two parts are not good). I love the idea of a female protagonist who is not perfect. Bridget (Renée Zellweger) is a little overweight, she is not too smart, and she does not know to choose the good guy.

Bridget falls in love with Daniel (Hugh Grant) who is the typical playboy. Of course, Daniel plays with Bridget. In the meantime, Mark (Colin Firth) is around; first as a jerk and later with the best phrase ever: "I like you; just the way you are."

5. "As Good as It Gets."

Facebook

We have Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt together in a movie; the result: two Oscar winners. Melvin (Nicholson) is a novelist with obsessive-compulsive disorder. He is a kind of rude with everybody, even with Carol (Hunt) the waitress of his favorite restaurant. Carol has a complicated life with her asthmatic son, and she is the only one who tolerates Melvin.

We discover Melvin is not as bad as he looks like. He is a genuine soul who is in love with Carol, and he is willing to do anything for her.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. There is nothing a good romantic movie cannot solve.