The 5 Best Places In London To Guarantee A Jolly Holiday

The 5 Best Places In London To GuaranteeĀ A Jolly Holiday

Best food, tourist, secret spots, and more in London that you have to go to.

134
Nandi Smith

Over the summer I studied abroad in the United Kingdom for a month. Each Monday, Wednesday, and sometimes Friday we would go to a different part of London, so you can say I'm very acquainted with the city. I got the chance to go to so many amazing places in London and here are my top 5 places that I think you should go to if you visit!

1. Carnaby Street

The shopping at Carnaby Street is amazing. From Brandy Melville, to Adidas, to a local shop called Monki, Carnaby Street is a great place for anyone who loves a good shopping experience. There are also a lot of good food places on or near Carnaby Street including Leon and Spaghetti House. This is the one place I wish I could have spent more time and I really enjoyed the atmosphere. It's very busy, but not overwhelming.

2. Zizzi

I ate at so many restaurants during my month in London, but Zizzi has to take the cake as my favorite one. I may be biased because of the SEPARATE VEGAN MENU they had, but Zizzi is a good and affordable Italian place for anyone, including us vegans and our gluten-free friends. Also, try their gelato when you're there, it's amazing.

3. Chelsea, London

This quaint little town is ideal for anyone looking for the perfect picture location. Look up Lennox Garden Mews and Smith Terrace while you're there and thank me later. Most places you go to in Chelsea will be very instagrammable. It makes sense since it is a very "posh" area. I walked past a place that cost three million dollars to rent! I really loved this area because there were so few people there compared to other places I've been to in London, so you could take all the pictures you wanted with no shame.

4. Fashion Museum: Bath

One of my favorite museums I went to in London was the Fashion Museum: Bath. While there I went to the Fashion Through 100 Objects exhibit which was an amazing experience. We got to see how fashion evolved from the 1600s to current day. My favorite part of the museum, however, was the section where you could dress some of the clothes housed at the museum. My friends and I got a real kick out of seeing each other dressed like we were in the 1700s. The last object of the 100 is the "Dress of the Year" for 2017 and its message "We Should All Be Feminists" is really important.

5. Tower Bridge

Now if I'm being honest I didn't really do much research on London before I left for my trip, so when my friend Stephanie suggested going to Tower Bridge I had no expectations. I was so blown away though. Just the spectacle of it all is amazing, not to mention the fact that it is absolutely breathtaking to look at. This is one of the big tourist spots that I feel is a must-see, second only to Buckingham Palace.