My New Year's Resolution

My New Year's Resolution

Here's to new beginnings

4
My New Year's Resolution

I’ve been called the “shy” or “quiet” girl my entire life and it’s always gotten on my nerves. Although I can’t change who I am, I’m determined to change what I do. This year, I’ve decided to go out of my comfort zone. That includes choosing to meet new people with like-minded interests and going to events that are not my typical cup of tea. Dare I say that I may even try skydiving even though I’m very afraid of heights? We’ll see how that one goes.

Have Your Voice Heard: Become an Odyssey Creator

I have felt trapped and sheltered for the majority of my lifespan. From my childhood years, that was my parents doing. However, for the past few years, it has been my doing completely. Metaphorically speaking, I was that little caterpillar hiding away in its cocoon for far too long. But thanks to these past couple of months, I have awoken to what’s really important: figuring out who I truly am. I am that monarch butterfly with durable wings to fly with for as long as I shall live. I will no longer allow people to belittle me for it. I have sass. I have wit. I have spunk. This overused “shy” label has had a long run, but it is finally time to put it in the trash – for good.

I’m known as the type of person who shuts people out and stays in her own little bubble. This year, I am determined to pop that bubble that I’ve been so comfortable inside of. I am sick of doing the same things all the time. 2017 is the perfect year for me to start trying new things. This is the year that I am finally exiting my teen years and entering into the supposedly scary world of adulthood. Let’s hope that there aren’t too many wolves out there. Here’s to new beginnings.